Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice On Leather Badlander

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 04:50 PM
hd_sob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice On Leather Badlander

I've got the stock seat off an SG Custom on the Bob now and, although I like it better than the stock solo, I'd like to try something else. Was considering a stock LowRider seat, but sat on one at the stealer today and didn't like the way it seemed to push me forward. I've never owned a leather seat and would like to try one.

The Badlander is the only one priced for experimentation, so would like opinions from current and previous owners on the look and feel of the seat in general (quality), the riding position (more forward or rearward), comfort (too hard, too soft or just right) and the leather (more trouble than its worth?).

Keep in mind, I do not care in the least about PASSENGER comfort as I will never be carrying one. I just like two-up seats.

THANKS!

STeve

Old 07-03-2006, 06:11 PM
tb2377
Tourer
Default RE: Need Advice On Leather Badlander

got a side kick w/ custom stiched pattern, look at my album. it low and thin but still has enought cushion for comfort and a small amount of back support. looks nice too

Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,809 Likes on 2,070 Posts

ORIGINAL: hd_sob

I've got the stock seat off an SG Custom on the Bob now and, although I like it better than the stock solo, I'd like to try something else. Was considering a stock LowRider seat, but sat on one at the stealer today and didn't like the way it seemed to push me forward. I've never owned a leather seat and would like to try one.

The Badlander is the only one priced for experimentation, so would like opinions from current and previous owners on the look and feel of the seat in general (quality), the riding position (more forward or rearward), comfort (too hard, too soft or just right) and the leather (more trouble than its worth?).

Keep in mind, I do not care in the least about PASSENGER comfort as I will never be carrying one. I just like two-up seats.
THANKS!
STeve
sob, I have a LowRider seat on my SuperGlide now. We're talkin 06 right??

Like the LR seat. Originally bought a Leather BadLander.

For me, the BadLander is like sitting on a folded over piece of cardboard.
Some people swear by the BadLander.

I like ttthe stock solo as well.

Sit on a few, and make your choice.

mud

Old 07-04-2006, 03:11 AM
tb2377
Tourer

i was at work and couldn't post a pic so here it is

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/03A209049C844166B81FED262D84639B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/1D8868DCD29A44D0952E4F7A9CC0E3D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/7785/756FD6D8FCCC4A46A517B17AFB965080.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-04-2006, 10:00 AM
sapperw5
Advanced

i love the badlander. it really flows with the bike, compared to the pass pillion. just get used to having a sore butt its pretty hard.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:21 AM
hd_sob
Road Master

ORIGINAL: tb2377

got a side kick w/ custom stiched pattern, look at my album. it low and thin but still has enought cushion for comfort and a small amount of back support. looks nice too

Well, with comments like 'folded over cardboard' and 'sore butt' to describe the Badlander, maybe I should give the Sidekick more consideration.

THANKS!

STeve

Old 07-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Street Rob
Advanced

try the mustang daytripper. just put one on my bike and love it. much better than the stock seat and it is reasonably priced and looks great.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
killer.com
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve-I have a leather badlander now, and had one on my 01 sporty. My a$$ must be use to it, but I personally like it, and like the look.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Old 07-04-2006, 04:33 PM
hd_sob
Road Master

I really like the look too. In fact, I may go ahead and give one a try. Hell, I never go far anyway and if I ever do, I can always throw the SGC seat back on it.

Like I said, Ive never had leather before. Is it a pain in the a$$ to maintain? My scoot sits all day in the 90+ degree TX sun on weekdays and that concerns me. No problems with vinyl, but unsure about how that muight affect leather.

Comments/opinions on vinyl vs leather are welcome.

STeve

Old 07-04-2006, 04:42 PM
killer.com
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve- I'm no expert on leather care, don't really do anything special except put some leather conditioner on it once in awhile. Just like a leather jacket. Actually I don't hardly ever put anything on mine.

Quick Reply: Need Advice On Leather Badlander