Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck wrecked my Fatbob!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:32 PM
timberwolfz28
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most insurance companies will total the bike if the frame is scratched. I'm sure you can find a scratch on it somewhere can't you? Get your new bike now instead of spring. Glad you are ok!

Old 10-28-2009, 07:08 PM
Robottom
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 58 Posts

Lucy:
Sorry to hear that, but glad you're OK.

Keep your post at the top for a couple of days. I remember another member who had some insurance questions. There are some really knowledgeable folks on the forum. Will have a look back through the threads but I recall someone inside the industry giving pretty good advice on how to proceed.

Good luck, hope the scoot gets fixed up or you get on a new one soon.
t

Old 10-29-2009, 10:55 AM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you have all the other driver's license and insurance info and file a claim with them. Did you call the cops when the accident occured? Hope so. the other guy should have gotten a ticket as he was AT FAULT. Get a copy of the accident report and accident report number and there should be no problem collecting from the other insurance company with the other guy being at fault.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Herd Mentality
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DITTO on hoping you had a police report filed. I put my 4 month old Fat Bob down when someone changed 3 lanes at once and clipped my front tire. Cop wrote it up as 100% fault of other driver. I opened a claim with his insurance company (State Farm) and in about 3 1/2 weeks I had a check in the full amount of damage done to my bike (A little over $4k) and for my riding gear that was torn due to sliding on the ground.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Greenfed
Tourer

Sorry about your bike and I'm glad your'e OK... I carry a digital camera with me all the time.. Photos can help with insurance claims, proof, etc... It looks like his insurance company needs to pay up! Don't back off on this. They will try to test your patience. That's what insurance companys do!

Old 10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can try... but insurance companies WILL NOT pay for diminished value. But fixed properly, you should not have any diminished value.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:24 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been there. It sucks. Your bike is probably going to be down for a while, waiting for estimate, ins check, parts etc. If the other driver has a decent insurance company then file a claim with them, otherwise I would let your ins handle it and they will go after the other partys ins for the damages and hopfully get your deductable back for you as well. Depending on what kind of damage done to your bike you might want to think about changing some stuff while its apart, chrome, powdercoat, custom paint whatever, good luck...

Old 10-29-2009, 08:07 PM
mrbones76
Advanced

there is no deductable when filing claim against another carrier. If you are at fault for any accident then you must pay that deductable before repairs are done to your vehicle. Other vehicle is paid in full by your insurance. Of course this is all for nothing if you do not carry collision on yourself.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:19 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Originally Posted by Robottom
Lucy:
Sorry to hear that, but glad you're OK.

Keep your post at the top for a couple of days. I remember another member who had some insurance questions. There are some really knowledgeable folks on the forum. Will have a look back through the threads but I recall someone inside the industry giving pretty good advice on how to proceed.

Good luck, hope the scoot gets fixed up or you get on a new one soon.
t
+1 on this, there are a few attorneys that frequent here and can give the best advice. Anyway, glad ur ok, sh1tty ur bike got forked up.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member

I got hit many years ago. came out ok. I was hit by a lawyer's father. I Go a new corvette. Didn't even have to go to court. The last time we met to give me the check the man ask if I was ok. I said yes, and had just thrown away the pants and boots that i was wearing when we wrecked. His son gave me 2 100.00 bills and said they had forgotten to figure in the cost of the things i was wearing. That was back in the 1980's. would not happen today.

Quick Reply: Truck wrecked my Fatbob!