Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck wrecked my Fatbob!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:40 PM
lucy brown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck wrecked my Fatbob!

Minding my own business stopped at a red light when a flatbed truck decideds to change lanes and backs into me. Had to jump off the bike and the forks got cruhsed and the bike fell on its left side. 3k worth of damage. Driver said he was in the wrong lane and didnt see me or hear me blowing my horn and yelling like a banshee behind him. Bike is less than 6 months old. I know that I have zero chance of getting paid for diminshed value and loss of use but this really sucks. I was thinking trading my bike in next spring for a Road King but now thats unlikey cause I know the dealer is going to screw me on the trade since the bikes been wrecked. Wondering if anybody has had any success with an insurance company under these circumstances.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:43 PM
B767
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you are OK! Good luck..hope it all works out for you.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
streetbobkid
Road Captain

glad you are okay also, that is a crappy situation but i hope it works out for you

Old 10-28-2009, 04:46 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got out unhurt.

Have someone who has the right equipment make sure the frame is still straight.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:49 PM
pthauvet
Cruiser

what matters most....is the fact you are sharing this with us, I'm trully sorry on your loss and hope the best with our insurer

Old 10-28-2009, 05:39 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

What???, contact his insurance company. Did ya make an Accident report. He backed into you. His Insurance should and could foot the bill. If the frame is wrecked, they should Total it out and spot you for a New one. Its a 16K bike. Do Not Slouch on this. Notify your Insurance company and the Trucks. Don't settle for anything less than a completely new bike or a complete reinstall of new parts.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:47 PM
mrbones76
Advanced

ditto's on you being unhurt. I hope that you filled out accident report with police and that they gave that driver a ticket for unsafe backing. If that happened then you should have no trouble getting paid the $$ for repairs. The bike should not be totalled unless the damage exceeds 65% of value. That figure varies by insurance company. According to NADA book a used 09 Fat Bob has a value of $13,600 so you are safe from having it totaled. Just make sure you go over every inch of your ride and point out ANY scratch that was caused by other driver or for that matter the tow truck guy too. Demand everthing gets fixed to pre accident condition. If need be, get your insurance company involved to assist you in your claim against the other insurance company. That is what you pay them for. good luck

Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm super glad you weren't hurt,'cept your senses anyway. Man I bet you wanted to tear that driver's head off! Plus I agree with the others here,As long as the frame isn't bent and HD repairs the dammage they can't screw ya if they did the work themselfs.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts

sorry buddy july 28 this summer my new 2009 lowrider with 400 miles on it some kid 18 years old just got his licence try to pass me on the left hand side my bike went down my girl was on the back to ....my bike had 7 thousand dollars worth of damage. i did not fix it dealer took it i owned 9 thousand on it i put some money out of my pocket got a 2010 fatboy lo.........now i am wainting on my lawyer about the case so far looks good frigg kid lol... good luck

Old 10-28-2009, 06:23 PM
uncle bo
Cruiser

me too, glad you are ok but damn man pay attention when backing up.what if you happened to be looking the other way.this story could have been alot worse and i sure hope all works out for you.keep us informed on how you make out though.

Quick Reply: Truck wrecked my Fatbob!