Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 DYNA and TRUE-TRACK

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 DYNA and TRUE-TRACK

Hi and welcome to the forum, yes I did install the rear bracket which took a long time as I needed to remove some metal for clearance not alot of room to work in. The bike feels very positive and quick to change directions. The bike I fitted this to is my wifes Streetbob and I don't think she rides it hard enough to get the full benefit plus ground clearance is an issue. I do like the feel it has given the bike and the product in good quality.

ORIGINAL: mrsracebizz

Did you get the rear bracket installed? How easy was that to do? Do you have pictures? Thanks. How is the bike handling now with wobble?

Old 10-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 DYNA and TRUE-TRACK

Well, I was a sceptic until I pushed the envelope.

I read about these rear steer issues prior to purchasing my bike, and thought it may have been Urban Legend.

Nope...after 2 weeks with the bike I got comfortable enough to push it hard into a corner and use the whole tire.

WOW! Not a confident feeling at all. It did try to rear steer about right at the apex of the turn. I rolled on some throttle and it acted right again, but I won't be doing that again anytime soon until I get the "missing link" installed next year. Really sad that these bikes don't come built the right way.

A co-worker was trying to lean me to a Softail because of this problem. He has had it on his RK. He printed the info about the 3rd link and left it on my tool box. Oh well, I still prefer my DWG over a Softy, so I'll spend the cash and make it right.