Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front tire getting switched through warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default front tire getting switched through warranty

Just got off the phone with Metzeler. My front tire has excessive weight on it for balancing and is covered under warranty. Contacted dealer and put the warranty in motion. I have 3 oz. of weight on the tire by the stem to balance it. Metzeler says this is excessive and will warranty the tire as long as the tire is not installed improperly. I had taken it back a week after it was installed to have them check it out for correct installation before. It had 2.5 oz weight then. They checked it back then in nov. and actually added 1/2 oz weight saying that it had too little. I was looking to get the beads for my tire, when it came to me that this just seems way wrong. The beads kit usually calls for 1 oz for my size front tire. I contacted Metzeler to ask about it. So I guess I am getting a new tire. Hope this goes smoothly and there are not any problems. Thing that sucks is I gotta pay to have the new one reinstalled.