Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 dyna 8 degree injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM
scarab75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 dyna 8 degree injectors

Thanks for all the great info. I have been riding alot since I posted this and it runs great. So I think I will leave well enough alone for now. Its still under warranty so I will just keep an eye on things for now.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:39 AM
fripple
Road Warrior

ok, i'm a moron. where do i look? LOL. i've tried searching, but no luck.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:39 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: fripple

ok, i'm a moron. where do i look? LOL. i've tried searching, but no luck.
Here you go, almost everything you need to know about the 25° injectors is stated below.

All 06 fuel injected Big Twins built before the middle of February 2006 have 8°
injectors installed. After that date they started installing 25° CVO injectors in all big
twins leaving the factory and a bulletin came out that said, any bike that was
experiencing problems like coughing and surging or cold start problems should have
the 8° injectors replaced with the 25° injectors by the dealer under warranty. The
Service Bulletin # is M-1185 which describes the problems stated above
and the ones my 06 RK had. My injectors were replaced about 10 days after
the bulletin came out and took care of my problems. The cold start problem
doesn't mean that it was hard staring in cold temps., it meant it wouldn't
start right off after sitting for an extended period of time like overnight.
My RK took 3 or 4 tries before it started and ran and even then would cough
and quit at times. If your bike was built before the middle of Feb. 06 then
it has the 8° injectors in it. It is easy to check by looking in toward the
rear cylinder from the left side past the horn cover and you can then see
the rear injector. Use a flashlight as it makes it easier to see. If the
number printed on it is C01 and 27625-06 then it is the 8° injector. If the
number printed on it is C01 25 DEG and 27709-06A then you have the new 25°
CVO injectors. The 25° injectors will fix these problems.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:13 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Just had mine changed out a week ago and I am overly impressed at how much of the problem is now gone.
The way I see it is that if I am paying this much for two wheels, it had better run great. Now I am not talking about fast, just correctly. When I get into my car, it does not cough or surge and it is older so there is no way in hell that I will stand around while my bike is doing this and have a stealer stand around and tell me "Hey, it is a Harley and this is what they do". BS!!
A few days after I first took the bike to the stealer and told them what it was doing and they said the obove statement, well I let them know that this was not going to work for me. On my way home, I came up to an intersection. Stopped and went to cross and half way there it coughed. Now if you have never experienced this, I pray you do not have to especilly if traffic is coming towards you. After this, I had a final discussion with the stealer and how it would alot cheaper to replace the injectors per the bulletin rather than dealing with an injury attourney.
So if your bike is surging, or coughing, take it to the stealer with a copy of M-1185 and make them replace the injectors, you will be alot happier. Good luck everyone.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:16 AM
jimw411
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 06' on march 2 2006 and it was put together with the 25 degree injectors already on there.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:43 AM
cjackson
Cruiser

I finally calmed down about this and soneone had to go and bring it up again..........Jackson

Old 05-16-2008, 06:23 PM
silverbullet2005
Tourer

I did a search and found this old thread, I installed the V&H ShortShot Staggered Exhaust and V&H FuelPak along with the K&N Stage 1 air cleaner and I have popping on decel along with hesitation/spitter/sputter issues. I called Vance and Hines and they said the root cause is the 8 degree injectors and that I need to switch to the 25 degree injectors to correct the issue. I called the dealer and they said that they cover the repair only if the bike is in warranty or in the extended warranty periods. My bike is out of warranty so this sucks!!! I called V&H back and they said that they do not have any other settings for my bike/exhaust setup for the fuelpak and that the only fix is to change the injectors.

What can I do? Is my only choice to pull the money out of my pocket to get the injectors changed out?

Old 06-17-2010, 09:51 PM
LITTLEBIT2454
Stage II
Default Hassle from dealer replacing the 8's with the 25's injectors

Originally Posted by cjackson
I have been reading about this injector situation for months. What baffles the crap out of me is the statement " some are OK and some are not ". For crying out loud there has to be some science with this. Is it luck or magic if you happen to have a bike that works?
F#*% no, either these 8 degree injectors work or they don't, this is not a multiple choice question, it is a black or white question.
I have an 06 FXDI 35 with 8 degree injectors and my dealer don't want to change them, I even offered to split the cost. The more I read, there attitude is starting to **** me off. I find this some do, some don't, approach to be ignorant. For God's sake this is machinery we are talking about, not humans, either these things are right or they are wrong.
If I am wrong, that is like saying 2 + 2= 3 So I aint buying "some do and some don't." ( Thanks I feel better now )

holy crap, this is exacty what i plan to run into when i take mine in to try and get the dealer to replace the injectors. I cant believe they would actually be troubleshooting to see if you are lying or not. For GODS SAKE. Why would i be there if I was'nt having the problem to begin with? My bike has been acting exactly like all the describtions I have read here regarding this issue since I bought it in 2007 with 1300 miles on it. I have changed wires and plugs thinking that was it. It didnt fix it, so I have been riding the bike for 2 1/2 years dealing with these issues and stumbled across this forum and low and behold now I know why it's been running like CRAP.. I'm taking mine in 2morrow and hope 4 the best. You would think that it would be an automatic thing 4 the dealers to do, just like a recall with a big car manufacturer. I guess I will find out 2morrow when I take it in. I am one persistant muthafudger, with a degree in paralegal technology and if they refuse me I will simply fill out a small claims court document, pay the $30.00 filing fee, and have a buddy ride there with me and serve it on them. Based on my or any ones elses' obvious knowlledge, they would not even respond to the small claim court lawsuit and I would simply print out statements made on this blog, present it to the presiding judge and win a default judgment against the dealer for failing to respond to the suit within 30 days as required by law and then take it down and have it fixed. I would hate to think that I would have to go through all that, but READERS, I promise you I will have the injectors replaced.
Now that I have that out of the way, I have a question for anyone out there that may know the answer to this question which is....Can the technician do this calibration that I've been reading about and fix the problem, or do the injectors need to be switched out? If that will fix it, then I'm happy. Any response or advise from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I was even thinking ahead of time about contacting corporate headquarters B/4 even going to the local dealer and maybe get some information from them to relate to local dealer that would make it a no brainier for the dealer to just swap em out.

thanks for listening
LITTLEBIT2454

Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

Well this is an old thread, but it raised a few questions for me. I went out and checked mine and they are the 8 degree injectors. Mine has some of the symptoms described and I was wondering how replacing them with the the 25 degree injectors will affect my PCIII map. Would I need the bike re-tuned? Has anyone had luck having these replaced for free without warranty? I may try HD customer service to see if they would hook me up.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called the dealer on mine and they said since they are out of warranty they wont do it for free. It was a TSB, not a recall.

That being said, the switch-out is easy, and the parts can be ordered from one of the online discount parts dealers.

Quick Reply: 2006 dyna 8 degree injectors