Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pos sears bike lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 AM
bord3r
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pos sears bike lift

OK so i know they aren't made well but same day failure????????? and my dumb a$$ threw the receipt away... anyone know where i can get a seal replacement kit? sears said they don't offer one since they buy everything over seas now, Thanks if you can help

Old 05-10-2010, 04:56 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Even without the receipt they must have a transaction record on file in their system, the jack is all brand new 'n shytt you should not be s.o.l. See the manager.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 AM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Even without the receipt they must have a transaction record on file in their system, the jack is all brand new 'n shytt you should not be s.o.l. See the manager.

What maddghost said^^^^^

Old 05-10-2010, 06:36 AM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you use a credit card? They should be able to look it up that way if so. But i work at a hydraulic repair shop, you could try at a local shop if you check your phone book. But these jacks are made in some far away country that are known to use some really odd stuff at times. They should be able to match your seals up by measuring them, BUT THIS IS A LONG SHOT AS THEY USE ODD BALL STUFF. BUT YOU COULD ALSO GET A BOTTLE JACK AND REPLACE THE CYLINDER AND GO FROM THERE, THIS MAY TAKE SOME CUSTOMIZING WHEN YOU GO TO INSTALL IT.

But what is the jack doing/not doing?

Raises up but doesnt stay up, piston seal blown. Leaking out the rod, gland seal blown. Not doing nothing at all, valve seals blown.

Last edited by shimmon; 05-10-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:15 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by bord3r
OK so i know they aren't made well but same day failure????????? and my dumb a$$ threw the receipt away... anyone know where i can get a seal replacement kit? sears said they don't offer one since they buy everything over seas now, Thanks if you can help
Personally if it was me, I'd try to see if I could find a part number on the seal, unless it's some oring itself, but maybe you can find an overhaul kit, or just buy a sears bottle jack, that maybe replaces your current bottle jack in that motorcycle jack, then throw it on ebay, craigslist, newspaper, and sell that piece of crap,
Then buy one of these mothers, you'll never look back man....
http://www.jsjacks.com/

Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not buy another one and swap the seal? Then just take the other one back for a refund.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd bring the jack back for replacement. There should be a record of the purchase and it says craftsman on it.

Once you get it replaced, do this:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...s+red+jack+mod

Old 05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I'd bring the jack back for replacement. There should be a record of the purchase and it says craftsman on it.

Once you get it replaced, do this:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...s+red+jack+mod
I found this at Summit-- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/OTC-1545/

Claims to have a 3-1/2" ground clearance. A Buck-Fitty plus $20 shipping & handling. Any thoughts?

Think it will still need the dyna adaptors? Looks like it. How come, when you changed the skids from inside to outside the Sears lift no longer needed the adaptors? Is it because the skids lift the bike at different points? I'm not clear on that one. Cost-wise, your mod makes more sense. Convenience-wise, Sears is generally pretty good to work with if you have a problem with one of their items.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:28 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

When you move the pads it allows them to lift on the frame directly and not the little "skid plate" piece welded to the frame, makes a world of difference.
I can now slide the lift under the bike easily and just use the foot pedal to raise it.
VERY sturdy, does not move at all and NO adapters required. SC hit a home-run with that mod.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
When you move the pads it allows them to lift on the frame directly and not the little "skid plate" piece welded to the frame, makes a world of difference.
I can now slide the lift under the bike easily and just use the foot pedal to raise it.
VERY sturdy, does not move at all and NO adapters required. SC hit a home-run with that mod.
Thanks. Maybe even a Grand Slam.

Quick Reply: pos sears bike lift