Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust tips, what to buy???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 AM
jordanball33
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust tips, what to buy???

need some help with the exhaust... my dyna stock pipes sound like doo doo, well they dont sound like anythign cuz they are quiet... looking for somethign loud, any ideas? anyone got any for sale? and if i just do exhaust, do i also have to do a power commander? ive herd yes ive herd no, my last bike didnt have one and it ran fine with vance and hines short shots, but i dont wanna take any chances with my new bike

Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 AM
DynaWide42
Cruiser

This question has been gone through a million times. And you will get a million different answers. I am adding (hopefully here by UPS tomorrow) some Rush slipons with a 2" baffle to my new 2010 WideGlide. I will let you know how much better they sound than the stock. The dealer told me with anything bigger than 1.75" slipons that I would need a tune. My research on this and other sites has said a tune is not needed for just that. Add a full exhaust and a high flow breather and you will need a tune. A PowerCommander V or other. There are different opinions on brands for a tuner also. Most will say that to get your bike running at its best that you will need a dyno tune. I have seen that done and it looks like its very hard on the bike. I dont want to put my baby though that. Others say its a must. Research alot then get your wallet out and hang on.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:00 AM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain

There is a set of Rush 2.00 slip ons on the classified section that are still for sale for $120. Used once and back in the box. A GREAT deal for a very nice sounding exhaust IMHO... I have the 2.25 baffles and love the deep,deep tone and not obnoxiously loud sound of them. Makes it sound like a HD should. They run around $330 shipped(new from Rush) so a great deal!! Go to: rushracingproducts.com and hear 'em on your exact bike. THAT'S what sold me... If you have FatBob or 2010 FXDWG they won't work BUT fit all other Dyna models from 95-10. Buy em you'll love em!!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMarkyB
... If you have FatBob or 2010 FXDWG they won't work BUT fit all other Dyna models from 95-10. Buy em you'll love em!!!!
Rush does make slip-ons to fit Fat Bob and FXDWG bikes, its a different part number.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ******ball33
.. and if i just do exhaust, do i also have to do a power commander? ive herd yes ive herd no, my last bike didnt have one and it ran fine with vance and hines short shots, but i dont wanna take any chances with my new bike

Just put the slip-ons on and ride, thousands of us do it. You may have some decel pop, which is an advantage or disadvantage depending on your POV. Slip-ons are not going to hurt anything, but any name brand fueler or tuning kit will liven up the bike (some better than others but all are much better than stock).

The best muffler topic comes up often here and there are a couple good brands and some not made so well. Rush is one of the good ones.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
jordanball33
Road Master

but if i just pot some vance and hines short shots on it or a thunder header... will i need a PC then? if exhaust is all i do?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 AM
05 LowRider
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2005 with fuel injection and when I got my Rush slip-ons the dealer told me that I had to have the computer upgraded. If I had a newer bike with o2 sensors then I would not have to have the computer done. I have the Rush 2.00 slip-ons and they sound great. Much better than stock. I work 3rd shift so I leave late at night and I have to take it slow through my neighborhood so as to not **** off the neighbors to much.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:43 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by ******ball33
but if i just pot some vance and hines short shots on it or a thunder header... will i need a PC then? if exhaust is all i do?
no - if you just do the exhaust you don't have to do anything else

i was looking at the rush slip-ons, but for the money put full vh straighshots on my bike (~$360, plus $60 for quiet baffles). Figured I'd do it eventually anyway... and I don't like the way the slip ons extend the pipes even further back than stock. Definitely happy w/ the result - nice clean one piece pipe from engine out, and it ends at the rear axle.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:16 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/engin...burnt-top.html They run lean to start with, why chance it? If you got the Supermeg you could choke it with less disc then after you get a tuner add more or get the open cap and let it rip.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
stng_96
Road Master

I got a set of screaming eagle II's that will be for sale soon

Quick Reply: exhaust tips, what to buy???