Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap, Lost Cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:24 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Crap, Lost Cover

Went for long ride yesterday and when I went out this afternoon to wash the bike I found the fuse block cover missing in action, damn! Has anyone else lost this cover? It was freaking windy out on the last leg coming back, but I never lost this cover before and I have been through some really windy areas?
What is the best description for this cover, I looked on ebay and only found 1 under electrical box cover.

Anyone have one they want to sell 06' up(I assume) wrinkle black in good shape?

Could someone parts book post a p/n for this cover and do you know if you need to get the pins or does it come ready to install?
Thanks,
CB

Old 06-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It's a completely stupid design, it needs a security screw like the battery cover has. Sorry you lost it, but I would imagine you won't be the last one who does.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you mean "COVER, electrical panel (black wrinkle)" PN on the 07 SB is 66236-04. If you're looking to change appearance, 66333-04 is the chrome version and 66361-04 is the black.

To be clear, we're talking about the external cover on the left side of the bike behind which you find the fuses and circuit breakers, correct?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:06 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! Sorry to hear about your cover. I always wondered about the design since it isn't screwed on but figured it must be ok since I never heard of anyone losing one until now.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:38 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
I think you mean "COVER, electrical panel (black wrinkle)" PN on the 07 SB is 66236-04. If you're looking to change appearance, 66333-04 is the chrome version and 66361-04 is the black.

To be clear, we're talking about the external cover on the left side of the bike behind which you find the fuses and circuit breakers, correct?
Correct and thanks for the P/Ns

I feel sorry for anyone that hit it, it is a pretty good chunk of metal.
CB

Are you sure about the P/N I thought they changed the cover in 06'????

Last edited by NoLongerAmember; 06-29-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sucks man. I lost mine once last summer, I heard mine hit the street and was able to go back for it.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
Are you sure about the P/N I thought they changed the cover in 06'????
Came out of my OHficial HD 2007 Dyna Parts Catalog.

(I know, you were thinking I had them memorized, wasn't ya? Sorry to disappoint but I really am just human. )

Old 06-29-2010, 09:26 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
Came out of my OHficial HD 2007 Dyna Parts Catalog.

(I know, you were thinking I had them memorized, wasn't ya? Sorry to disappoint but I really am just human. )
No, I trust ya. I was just looking at the -04 P/N and thought I would just double check with ya.
Thanks again,
CB

I also found the culprit, the front grommet is torn. Small split and the inside rubber that retains the pin was torn, next time you guys have the cover off you may want to take a gander at their condition.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cbz1200n
I also found the culprit, the front grommet is torn. Small split and the inside rubber that retains the pin was torn, next time you guys have the cover off you may want to take a gander at their condition.
Good catch. Makes perfect sense but not sure I'd have thought to check that. If I lost mine I'd likely assume I failed to reinstall it correctly. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one that was a new take off. It is in the box. I promised it to JRK but if he says you can have it, you can have it for free plus shipping.Its off my 2006 FXDBI. Get in touch with Joe.......

Quick Reply: Crap, Lost Cover