Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willie G extras

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its hard to ba a individual when millions of guys buy things like skull heads from harley, but so what if you like them just follow the piper

Old 07-06-2010, 11:52 AM
kenward
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could find a willie G air cleaner cover for my 04 88CI.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:53 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as grips go, I'm a big fan of the ISO grips. very comfy.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:26 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJfxdwg
As far as grips go, I'm a big fan of the ISO grips. very comfy.
+1 - I had those on the old evo sporty.... that thing used to vibrate so much the mirrors would fall off but the iso grips were very comfortable and eliminated most of the buzzing in the hands - look pretty nice too. Wish I'd gone with them again instead of the cheesey flame ones I paid too much for from Harley.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,628 Posts

I've got the Willie G bike so gotta put on some of his bling. My grips of choice are the Aileron b/c they're contoured better than stock. Don't get the numbness in my fingers anymore.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm here to admit that I went skull crazy when I got my bike. I was still new to Harleys and was very impulsive without thinking things through. Just to put it out there, I had the derby cover, timing cover, front and rear axle covers, battery band, a/c cover, fuel caps, rider and highway pegs, license plate bolts, valve stem caps, and the sissy bar medallion which was stuck to the electrical cover. The only things to survive were the license plate bolts and valve stem caps but the bolts just came off because they don't look right with my wonderfully huge UK license plate. There was nothing wrong with the stuff, they just didn't fit my overall vision for the bike which took six months to realize and in that six months I bought a lot of skull stuff.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts

i have the 2010 fatboy lo the only thing i put on was the dark custom derby cover and timer cover and stick on decal on the gas cap/ i am sure they will come out more with the dark custom products i do like the wille crome skulls

Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Alykhan
I see quite a few people around here saying they wished they hadn't put all the "Willie G" stuff on their bikes after they had it on there for a while. What are the reasons for that?

I'm also looking to take the stock grips off and put something better looking on. Any good suggestions (I don't want "too much" chrome on them, looking to stay away from them getting slippery)???
Too much of an accessory theme is cheesy looking maybe...

Last edited by rounder; 07-07-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Alykhan

I'm also looking to take the stock grips off and put something better looking on. Any good suggestions (I don't want "too much" chrome on them, looking to stay away from them getting slippery)???
I hated the stock grips with a passion! I selected the Nostalgic grips, and am totally satisfied with them.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:32 PM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket different collections. As others have mentioned, the skull collection seems over used, and I want to be different. I actually like the flames collection, but the one with the gold flames, not just the plain one. And there does not seem to be much available from that collection. It would be nice if there was aftermarket accessories available with a different selection of styles.

Quick Reply: Willie G extras