Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowers and Wind Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,873 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxdwg
What I was getting at Mike is, you buy a shield for your bike, yea it keeps the big stuff off but the buffeting sucks so you buy another shield, no go, then you finally buy lowers and the buffeting is gone or, at least acceptable. I'm saying most of the money people spend is wasted money because in most of those cases the vest would have taken care of the problem with the original shield that you bought. How many millions have been spent swapping windshields/taking it off halfway and chucking it in a ditch looking for a solution???, think about it, about the only place I care about buffeting is my head. If my head is happy, I'm happy
I hear ya, I just think people will go to great lengths so their bike is wearing the protection not themselvs. I know a lot of that wind comes from below.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
I hear ya, I just think people will go to great lengths so their bike is wearing the protection not themselvs. I know a lot of that wind comes from below.

Thanks,
Mike
Yea, maybe so. I was just thinking about the guys who could just take off the quick disconnect shield and use the vest to hang over the shield to protect it till the next longer ride and then put them back on, it's just so handy that way bwaaa ha!!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:44 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I had been riding with full fairing (batwing) and lowers (Ultra-Classic type) ... a couple months ago I stripped down (including losing front fender) for summer riding ...

I don't have a problem with wind or buffeting with no windhield at all ... just riding bare-chested ...

Am kind of surprised I really don't mind riding like that ....

I am wearing a 'skid lid' so I have started using ear plugs .... I ride around 50 - 100 mi a day or so usually and it's not problem ... am planning on taking about 250 - 300 mi day or so soon and don't plan on using a shield or fairing ... don't foresee it being a problem ....

R/
'Chop

Old 10-15-2010, 10:05 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,694 Likes on 760 Posts

How did you mount the Ultra lowers on your Dyna? Which engine guard did you use? I have a '08 FXDC and like the idea of hard lowers.

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
I had been riding with full fairing (batwing) and lowers (Ultra-Classic type) ... a couple months ago I stripped down (including losing front fender) for summer riding ...

I don't have a problem with wind or buffeting with no windhield at all ... just riding bare-chested ...

Am kind of surprised I really don't mind riding like that ....

I am wearing a 'skid lid' so I have started using ear plugs .... I ride around 50 - 100 mi a day or so usually and it's not problem ... am planning on taking about 250 - 300 mi day or so soon and don't plan on using a shield or fairing ... don't foresee it being a problem ....

R/
'Chop

Old 10-16-2010, 02:17 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I've got the Touring engine guard ... mounted to my floorboard brackets .... Don't think that engine guard would work with an 'ordinary' Dyna .... (P/N 46549-03)

I was advised the fairing lowers would not mount on other engine guards; but, I was told that by a 'parts' guy at a dealership ... so, don't put much creedence in that ....

R/
'Chop

Old 10-17-2010, 10:26 PM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,694 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
I've got the Touring engine guard ... mounted to my floorboard brackets .... Don't think that engine guard would work with an 'ordinary' Dyna .... (P/N 46549-03)

I was advised the fairing lowers would not mount on other engine guards; but, I was told that by a 'parts' guy at a dealership ... so, don't put much creedence in that ....

R/
'Chop
I hear you, parts dept. also says soft deflectors wont't fit Dyna engine guards, but a friend put them on his, I think they are Softtail model.