Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway Pegs vs. Foward Controls for 09 Bob

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:01 PM
BJack09Bob
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway Pegs vs. Foward Controls for 09 Bob

I have an 09 Street Bob and i'm trying to decide between putting on either highway pegs or foward controls. I was wondering if anyone has advise on both including how comfortable they are as well as ease of installation.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:32 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Highway pegs take about 15 minutes to install. Very easy to do and I would suspect much cheaper to do than forwards. (I don't have forwards so I am not sure of the cost.) I love my highway pegs for stretching out and I love the mid controls due to my 30 inch inseam. Someone with forwards will probably chime in soon.

Good luck,

Tom

Old 08-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Superbob
Advanced

I'm about your size and I really like the forward controls on my Bob. Very comfortable.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
jim425
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Highway pegs were a little bit longer reach for me. Forwards of course allow you to shift/break while extended. There are a few threads about installing forwards. The biggest issue is what to do with the shift shaft from the mids.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 AM
rocknrick
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the pegs instead of the forwards because it provides foot placement options on long rides... and I also like the mids for aggressive rides - not to mention it is much, much cheaper.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:17 AM
FLYING
Club Member

Get the forward controls and the pegs.You can have both!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:18 AM
BeanDyna08
Intermediate
Default Highway Pegs

I put highway pegs on my Glide. The only thing I dont like about them is I have about a 32" inseam and my knees have a tendency to fall out with my feet on the pegs. I am glad I didnt put forwards on and have to drive like that all the time not to mention the cost associated. There is different threads on here about people leaving the shift shaft on with the chance they may want to go back to mids. Also I have read about people leaving their mid pegs on for a different foot placement. One more thing I have noticed is quite a few people switching back to mids. Any of your buddies have bikes with highway pegs / forwards that you could take out for a run on the highway to give you a feel for them?

I got my highway peg brackes off ebay. The are Drag Specialties. Brackets were $72.00 cdn delivered to my door and a buddy gave me a set of pegs he had changed from his bike for nothing.

Last edited by BeanDyna08; 08-16-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 264 Posts

You could always whittle a pair out of bar stock (I used 1/2" X 2" aluminum) and put the pegs lower/closer a bit.....mid controls are preferred if you ride aggressivly.

Attached Thumbnails Highway Pegs vs. Foward Controls for 09 Bob-hiway-pegs.jpg  
Old 08-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

I like my forwards, but I'm a little tall at 6' 3". Mid controls weren't that uncomfortable, but I felt a little cramped. Several friends have Dynas with highway pegs and mids. They like the option of moving their feet around. Highway pegs are much cheaper and easier to install.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 AM
BugDr
Road Master

I did a test drive on a 2009 Street Bob and then opted for one with forward controls. I felt cramped on mid-controls and liked being able to stretch out a little for riding. I am 6' with an inseam of 31". If you can, test drive or sit on one with forward controls before making the decision. It really is a matter of taste.

Quick Reply: Highway Pegs vs. Foward Controls for 09 Bob