Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:00 AM
ryanlberg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i basically have these minus the shaker part looks like they don’t have the same ones anymore i can post pics of them on bike tonight
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5500...Ntk=All&Nao=20

Originally Posted by Splandman
I'd like to see pic of your minis if you have them.

I'm 5 ft. 9 in. and the Fat Bob fits me nicely. Got mine April 30th and have 6k on it. I definitely could use heel rests or something for longer rides. I did put the Jims 2 inch spacers on the bike too so the bars would pull back slightly.

Overall I love this bike. In fact, I have not ridden since Saturday and believe I'm going through withdrawals at the moment.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:51 AM
paullaura
Novice

I have a 2010 fat bob, and its my first Harley.

I tried a few on test rides, but the fat bob was my favourite. Im 5'10" and find it very comfortable.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Cblast
Advanced

If you are worried about the reach, just relocate the horn (Or cut it off and throw it away like I did), and get a HD Heavy Breather intake. I am 5'7" and my legs can comfortably reach the controls like this. The bike feels a LOT narrower and your knees are not bowed out by the cowbell and the air filter. My knee tucks in comfortably behind the heavy breather with no rubbing and I have a 30" inseam. I love my Fat Bob! I have not gotten a heavy breather for my bike yet, but my friend has it set up like mine and it is a great fit. Just need the $ for the HB!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:12 PM
ryanlberg
Tourer

my inseam is 27inch and i fit fine

Old 09-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Splandman
Tourer

Originally Posted by ryanlberg
i basically have these minus the shaker part looks like they don’t have the same ones anymore i can post pics of them on bike tonight
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5500...Ntk=All&Nao=20
Thanks, I ma give those a try.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by noochs
Cellular, or anyone else who has the Harley 6" pullback risers on the Fat Bob, would you post some pics of the bike with them installed. I am thinking of doing the same thing and would love to see how it changes the look of the bike.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:23 AM
noochs
Intermediate

Thanks for uploading PICS of the risers, they look great on the bike. Do you find that the reach is more comfortable now with them installed? I think I am going to install as I get cramps in my upper back and neck sometimes when on longer rides.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
lockingnut
Advanced

I too, upgraded to a Fatbob from a Sportster. Nothing against it, but now my wife and I can ride together comfortably and carry more with us. We had a 2000 XLH1200S model which was fine for just me, but no way would I head out anywhere with my honey. I haven't had it long enough to personalize it, that's coming with time.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by noochs
Thanks for uploading PICS of the risers, they look great on the bike. Do you find that the reach is more comfortable now with them installed? I think I am going to install as I get cramps in my upper back and neck sometimes when on longer rides.
With the stock risers, I felt the same way u described your longer rides. Those muscle cramps in back and neck are no longer an issue for me with the new risers.. Stock length cables work aokay.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:54 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oakley24_48
I am looking into getting a bigger bike. Right now I am riding a 01 Sporty 883.
I love my sporty it's not going anywhere actually thinking about doing the 1200 conversion after I get me something bigger. i like the way the fat Bob feels when I am on it. I feel really comfortable. I like the forward controls on them. I can stretch my legs out on long rides. My brother has a softtail custom but when I am on it I feel all cramped up. You other fat Bob Riders how do you like the ride with them?

Dennie
Recently traded my '09 Fat Bob for a 2010 Road Glide ... if I had the money, never would've parted with the Fat Bob. Great bike.

Quick Reply: Dyna Fat Bob