Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 FXDBI - Testing Run / Stop Switch - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 10:01 AM
JustinKase
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 FXDBI - Testing Run / Stop Switch - HELP

Hey Guys!

I've been a lurker on this forum, but this will be my first post. I hope I'm posting the correct place. If not, please point me in the right direction. I also hope this probable hasn't been posted 1000X times. I did use the search function and didn't find what I was looking for.

I have a 2006 FXDBI that I'm building. It was pretty stripped down when I got it and had been sitting for 3+ years. I put new sheet metal, bars, bar controls, lights, shocks, forks, wheels and other misc parts, but the engine and wiring was intact for the most part, excepts for bar controls and plug and play lights.

My issue is i'm not getting spark. All lights, turn signals, etc work. It will turn over, but isn't getting spark. I have tested the coil with a ohmmeter and it seems to have good resistance. I have checked all the fuses and also the continuity of the spark plug cables and all that looks okay.

My guess at this point is that possibly that the run / stop kill switch isn't engaging in the "Run" position. Does anyone know if there is a way to test its working correctly using a multimeter or test light? or any other way?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.