Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm short and need feed back on Mustang Vintage solo

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:19 AM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm short and need feed back on Mustang Vintage solo

I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam. I would like to know from anyone who has a Mustang vintage solo seat if it moved you forward more then the stock seat and hows the comfort?

Old 11-17-2010, 08:49 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I got one on my Fat Bob (2008). Had to tweak the tab on the front to make it fit properly. (as per Mustang Tech Support).

I'm 5' 11.5". I wear 32w/34l Levi 501s. This seat put me a little lower and a little further back than the Street Bob Solo I was using. I have forward controls, this may make a difference for you. I didn't want the Wide Vintage, cause I wanted the sleeker look. I had a Mustang Two Up on my Low Rider. It was essentially the Vintage wide with a passenger seat. Comfort wise you can't beat Mustang. I notice that the seating position on the Vintage Solo seems to be much more specific since it is a smaller seat.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:25 AM
WIDERGLIDER
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mustang wide solo puts you higher up and a bit forward! At least that's what it did to me for my 2010 wide glide. Much better than stock as I am 5'9''

Old 11-17-2010, 12:13 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have to agree on that. Love my Mustang seat for looks and comfort and a quality made part.

Attached Thumbnails I'm short and need feed back on Mustang Vintage solo-seat.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by WIDERGLIDER
Mustang wide solo puts you higher up and a bit forward! At least that's what it did to me for my 2010 wide glide. Much better than stock as I am 5'9''
The Vintage Solo did exactly the opposite for me on my 2008 Fat Bob.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I once bought a brand new one for an FXR off ebay from a short guy who could no longer put his feet flat on the ground the way he could with his stock seat. ymmv

Old 11-17-2010, 03:08 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I have the wide solo on a 10 FXDC. I'm 5'9" and for me it's a bit to wide, it kind of pushes my legs out making it a little harder to flat foot at stops. If I decide to keep this Harley, I think I will look in to getting a standard wide Mustang seat, that's what I had on one of my Sportsters and it was easier to bring my feet in closer to the bike to flat foot at stops. As for wide or standard for comfort, I don't feel any deference.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:36 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am 5'7, w/ a short inseam. For my '09 Super Glide, I have a Mustang Vintage solo and a Street Bob solo (redone by Mean City Cycles) that I'm trying out. It appears the Mustang is higher off the ground and farther back. Both are lots narrower than the stock 2-up seat, exposing more of the back of the tank, and tops of both the battery and fuse-block covers (shows the micro-scratching from the stock seat).

Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 PM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I have the wide solo on a 10 FXDC. I'm 5'9" and for me it's a bit to wide, it kind of pushes my legs out making it a little harder to flat foot at stops. If I decide to keep this Harley, I think I will look in to getting a standard wide Mustang seat, that's what I had on one of my Sportsters and it was easier to bring my feet in closer to the bike to flat foot at stops. As for wide or standard for comfort, I don't feel any deference.
The Vintage solo is a good bit narrower than the vintage wide solo.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:41 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jluvs2ride
The Vintage Solo did exactly the opposite for me on my 2008 Fat Bob.
did the same for me on my 98 wide glide

I read about the up and forward often , I don't see how. the back edge of the actual seat part sits right at fender edge , I think the back skirting is somehow giving an illusion of the seat being forward. I even measured it out , swapped seats and measured the stock....the mustang vintage definitely sits lower and further back than stock on my bike

Quick Reply: I'm short and need feed back on Mustang Vintage solo