Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   No power (electric) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/598272-no-power-electric.html)

bobnehoc 01-09-2011 06:46 PM

When the bike was shipped did you put the security system in the valet mode or whatever mode they call it. This will disable the bike until you put it back into regular mode. I know someone on the forum has posted how to put the security system in that type of mode for transportation. Try doing a search for it as this might be your problem. If that is not the answer then you can try the manual over ride of the security system provided you know the code. I believe the factory code is all "1's" or all "0's" or possibly 1234....Hope this helps and good luck getting her up and running.....

p51bombay 01-09-2011 09:44 PM

If you have no power at all anywhere then the main fuse is suspect - just because a fuse "looks good" doesn't mean that it is. Pull the fuse and test with an ohm meter.

slider1156 01-09-2011 10:16 PM

. Did you make sure the run stop button on the handlebars is on. if good Try swapping the relays in the fuse box, the main relay with the one beside it, If the main relay goes bad it will not start,

Brad Grey 01-10-2011 12:11 AM

If it was the FOB you should still have lights just no start.

p51bombay 01-10-2011 01:08 AM

Looking at the OP again I bet there was power but a low battery but when the truck attempted to jump the bike it almost certainly blue the main fuse.........especially if the leads were attached in the wrong order (black then red instead of red then black.)

MConde85 01-10-2011 01:37 AM

lol No they were on the right terminals. I had no power when I put them on the bat, but I had just lights and a blinking key when I put the neg (black) on the frame of the bike.

Originally Posted by p51bombay (Post 7760892)
Looking at the OP again I bet there was power but a low battery but when the truck attempted to jump the bike it almost certainly blue the main fuse.........especially if the leads were attached in the wrong order (black then red instead of red then black.)

p51bombay 01-10-2011 09:20 AM

And have you got ANY power at all now?

odd_child4life@hotmail.com 01-10-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by bobnehoc (Post 7759546)
When the bike was shipped did you put the security system in the valet mode or whatever mode they call it. This will disable the bike until you put it back into regular mode. I know someone on the forum has posted how to put the security system in that type of mode for transportation. Try doing a search for it as this might be your problem. If that is not the answer then you can try the manual over ride of the security system provided you know the code. I believe the factory code is all "1's" or all "0's" or possibly 1234....Hope this helps and good luck getting her up and running.....

you know what it could actually be something as simple as that! either the owners manual or the service manual should have the default code. lol your fob is probably dead!

MConde85 01-10-2011 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by odd_child4life@hotmail.com (Post 7762077)
you know what it could actually be something as simple as that! either the owners manual or the service manual should have the default code. lol your fob is probably dead!

That's the thing I have no power, so I couldn't tell if it's a fob problem. When I put the neg on the frame I did get power, but again if it was my fob my turn signals would flash...all I had as a brake, headlight, and blinking red key symbol....hit the run switch and no fuel pump light or noise.

odd_child4life@hotmail.com 01-10-2011 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by MConde85 (Post 7762143)
That's the thing I have no power, so I couldn't tell if it's a fob problem. When I put the neg on the frame I did get power, but again if it was my fob my turn signals would flash...all I had as a brake, headlight, and blinking red key symbol....hit the run switch and no fuel pump light or noise.

well....damn... hmm... could a relay cause this? i had my starter relay go bad one winter with no warning what so ever! just an idea. im no electrician but i figure i can at least add a little something to get the resident gear heads thinking.