Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 FatBob Fwd to Mid Control Conv.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can always go belt drive.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:19 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeHat
parts eater, havent got a response from the Street Bob guy, Renorris, if you want to sell the outer primary cover and shift lever and shaft, PM me. The exhaust i dont need ,im going V+H. Did you have the inner cover changed too, Seems like others here say its necessary to. Did they reuse the RH footpeg and brake lever wth a shorter brakerod? Thx Joe.
Mine had the Mid control primary, but the shaft hole was blocked with a plug. I simply bought a mid control setup from another member here ( complete with mid style brake pedal, and rod) for 40 bux, and installed them while reusing my OEM Mid Control Primaries (inner and outer).

Your setup will require a swapout of the inner and outer primaries which I am sure if you are patient can find them cheaply. They arent very popular as many guys removed them for forward controls anyway.

I sold my forwards for 200 bux and pocketed 160 smackers...Mo better now. Play your cards right and you can make some $$ on going back to mids. I know if I wanted forwards I would pay extra for the inner and outer primary that you have so I didnt have a blocked off plug, like mine originally had. Buy used from some of the many great fellas here and, sell the take off stuff cheaply and everyone is happy. I prefer to buy used from these guys here cuz I hate lining HDs pockets with anymore $$ than they already have robbed from people.

The user RENORRIS is new here and may not be abe to message you, so RENORRIS you may wish to post your email here so you can be contacted. Joehat this user is new and for that reason I would insist on recieving items first, then once satisfied ship out removed items from your bike to him. Thats how I roll when it comes to newbies here.

Last edited by parts eeter; 01-18-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:31 PM
JoeHat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ths parts eeter, dont think ill go new parts either, will modify mine or will make an even swap for the mids even though there seems to be fewer parts involved. Just would like the black finish to match on thr primary. And FATBOB usmc, im basically switching to mids b/c my fwds are a stretch for my legs also, i have some arthritis in my ankles, makes it hard for me to angle in my feet, gettin old ,and lastly i like the more leanfoward dragbike and sporty look.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
old-skewl
Advanced

Originally Posted by RENORRIS
I have a 2008 Fat Bob that i had changed from mids to forward at the 250 mile service
I have the exhaust and outer primary cover and shift lever and shaft
I would like the exhaust....How do I contact you?

Last edited by old-skewl; 01-18-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My past experiences racing motocross and flat track made me believe before I took delivery I would not like the forward controls. I never changed them and really like the forward controls now. But if you going to do some donuts and get crossed up and do some wheelies I can see where the mids would be better....

Old 01-19-2011, 07:36 AM
RENORRIS
Intermediate

old-skewl email me rennorris@comcast.net

Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 PM
teemo supremo
Intermediate
Default fxdf forward to mids

Hi Fat Bob owners,

I have a 2011 FB and would like to switch from Forward to Mid controls. Is anyone looking to switch from mid to forwards? Maybe we can trade parts.

Thanks,
Tommy

Old 09-26-2011, 11:15 PM
TBeghtol
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default A little guidance here, please...

Howdy all, just picked up my new 2011 Fat Bob. It has the forward controls. I have put a hundred miles on it today, and I am just not going to be happy with the forward controls. Luckily, I just got the parts to convert to mid controls from another forum member.

I have the inner and outer primary, new shift and brake linkage, and the left and right foot peg mounts.

I will get the gasket between the inner primary and engine, the gasket between inner and outer primary, and derby cover gasket. There is a thin metal washer glued to the inner primary where the shift shaft goes thru between the inner and outer primaries. Is there any other seal for the shift shaft?

Also, other than the five bolts with rubber seals that hold the inner to the engine, are there any other bolts that must be replaced? Can I re-use the ones on my new bike, as it will only have a couple hundred miles on it when I make the swap?

I have the service manual ordered from the dealer, it will be in in a week or so. Does anyone have the 2011 Dyna parts manual that could scan the page for the primaries? Also, what size sockets will I need for taking off the compensator and clutch to get the inner primary off?

Any "gotchas" to look out for? Getting the starter off require any special technique?

Thanks for the help in advance,

Tim

Old 09-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Gamble Gold
Cruiser

For those of you who are going for mids because it's too much of a stretch to the forwards, I supose you all know about the (relatively) new reduced reach forwards and conversion kits:

(clicky)

(clicky)

(clicky)

I'd never had mid controls before I had a Street Bob; I found the regular Dyna forwards too far forward for me, so I settled for the mids. Then I found that I really like the mids; so even though these reduced reach forwards have now come out, I think I'll be sticking with the mids.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
TBeghtol
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Gamble,

I saw those also. I just dont care for ANY forwards.

I like my feet under my knees, esp when carving a corner...

Tim

Quick Reply: 2011 FatBob Fwd to Mid Control Conv.