Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 streetbob wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:18 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts
Default 06 streetbob wheel help

Hey guys, you might of heard my sentiments in the past on ditching the spokes for something else on my 06 streetbob, I just been waiting for the time and or excuse. Well I notice the other day the back tire wearing pretty thin. I got some room to work with still on the front and since I can't really afford to do both front and back wheels and tires right now, I thought I'd start with the back but I need help.
In some of my research, I think I want to go with these
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

The black magnum 5's, I think they would look pretty good on a denim black bob. Later on this year maybe I could do the front too since it's offered up there. So here is where I need help. I see they mention you have to have this stuff too...
Requires separate purchase of model-specific Wheel Installation Kit. Sprocket hardware and Brake Rotor-specific hardware

What exactly do I need to get to replace the rear wheel, a wheel install kit is what a couple bearings, wheel spacers? Do I have to get a different rotor as well? Speaking of bearings, I have seen guys mention the wheel bearings being less than par, I could always buy my own like I did with the neck bearings, I put timkins in up there instead of made in mexico hd bearings.
When this is said and done, I believe I'll go with a 180 rear tire, in a mezzler or avon I've seen you guys talk pretty good things about.
Appreciate any input, if you have done this, and got part numbers as to hardware that I might need or point me in a direction I could get part numbers, I'd be greatful. I can't break the bank but I am trying to research this so that I don't kick myself 3 months down the road and say I should of replaced that while I was there, like those bolts that shear off back there, lol. I'm thinking of ordering all this myself maybe zanottis or something and doing it myself except for the mounting of tire part, I guess I could take the new tire and rim to an Indy and pay them to mount it up?
Thanks for the help...
Russ

Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

Well here is what I have researched so far,

Magnum 5 Custom Wheel - Cut Black Finish - 17" Rear
Product ID: 40405-10

I don't see that I need to change the rotor, looks like that should bolt right up, but I thought I might go with this also

Classic Black Floating Brake Rotor / Rear
Product ID: 46777-09A

The wheel calls out for Wheel Installation Kit - 1" Axle - Rear
Product ID: 43861-08A If I understand this right, this is two bearings and spacers, nothing wrong with the spacers I got and I want non stock bearings.
So, I think I'm gonna skip this and go with all ***** bearings 25-1368, which on the J and P site shows for front and rear on 2006 streetbob, but if you google the number is shows a 3/4" bearing, so I'm confused on this, they are suppose to be 1" bearings????????

The tire, well I now see the 180 works on a stock rim if it's a hd 180 other wise it is not recommended, I see a number of guys mention the mztlr 170's