Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:46 AM
tandjdad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep , finally had to go with the sundowner and a mid low quick detach..take two minutes to switch back to my rallyrunner

Old 01-30-2011, 09:12 AM
harris48cars
Road Master

I have a Sundowner I'll sell if anyone is interested $200 and I may or may not pay shipping. Depends on where you live. I sold a Sundowner off my 08 SG and it cost $45 to ship it. Don't want to do that again.
It has great comfort and is like new. I'm doing a winter make over of my 09 CVO Fat Bob. My new CVO SG will handle all touring duties so I don't need the seat any longer for the wive. I may also have my HD brawler solo for sell. Haven't quite decided about it yet.
Gary

Old 02-07-2011, 07:24 AM
jrock28
2nd Gear

I have an '06 SB and I use the sundowner for 2 up riding, it's very comfortable for rider and passenger. I recently powder coated my rear fender and was wondering if anyone has a good idea when it comes to what to use to keep the 2 up seat from rubbing the rear fender so much? I am hoping that I can use something that doesn't look stupid when using the solo seat.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:48 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jrock28
I have an '06 SB and I use the sundowner for 2 up riding, it's very comfortable for rider and passenger. I recently powder coated my rear fender and was wondering if anyone has a good idea when it comes to what to use to keep the 2 up seat from rubbing the rear fender so much? I am hoping that I can use something that doesn't look stupid when using the solo seat.
I use a soft foam weather stripping and stick it to the bottom of the seat. I've also heard of people taping terry cloth their fender... also keep a good coat of wax on the fender

Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jrock28
I got the idea from Joe to use self stick felt (got it at Ace Hardware). It comes in 16" sq sheets you can cut with scissors. When throwovers were on my bike they ruined my fender but I use the felt between the tank and the seat. It's green like a pool table and it sticks pretty good but it has to have pressure on it or in time it will come loose. If you seat is like mine you could just put it on the rubber pads around the screws (Mustang seat)

Old 02-07-2011, 08:47 AM
junior07
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by dyna105
I have the med-low backrest from Harley. They do offer the quick detach option.

That is what i have as well. I have the quick detach and it takes about 2 seconds to pull the sissybar off. It takes about another 2 mionutes if i want to unbolt the rear pillion.

The seat i am running is the mustang solo with matching pillion. very comfy.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Question

You guys ever worry about your seats walking off ? I was at a bike show awhile back and had to park a block or so from the show. There were bikes and people everywhere. But I found myself trying to stay in an area where I could visually see my bike.

I can remove my seat in 30 seconds with a screwdriver so it's not a real secure item.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 AM
animalnoll
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny Gray Weekday 2upXL. Very comfortable for both of you. My wife absolutely loves its comfort. It looks sweet and fits the contours of the bike nice. You will be very happy with this seat!

Attached Thumbnails Seat help?-img_1195.jpg   Seat help?-new-seat4.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
U-234
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

There's a 2 up Mustang Classic posted in the Dyna Parts For Sale area. $200.
Didn't say if it was wide or not. I posted and asked last night. Told him part number would be helpful. I'm not interested. I already have the wide one. I like it.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:57 AM
dondee
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have a Mustang Vintage Wide 2-up. It seems very comfortable but it's been going back and forth between me and Mustang since Nov. trying to get some wrinkles out. They sent it back this last time and wrinkles were still there.

They seem to be nice folks but in my case anyway the jury is still out on customer service. Stay tuned.

Quick Reply: Seat help?