Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 06:45 PM
FiremanQ14
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat help?

Ok so the wifey decided to ride with me today, 2nd time EVER. Anyway we rode 150 miles and last 25 or so I could feel her moving a bit. Now Im riding an 05 FXD, factory seat and her seat isn't all that big or comfortable,,,,,aparently! So Im looking for a backrest (may have found one) but was wondering for all of you that 2 up, what seat do you have and like. This will only be occasional 2 up with ALOT of 1 up! so I would like something that can be changed out quick or doesn't look to bad!

Thanks,,,,,wife says thanks!!!!

Last edited by FiremanQ14; 01-29-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:03 PM
dyna105
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the med-low backrest from Harley. They do offer the quick detach option.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
biketroll
Tourer

I have the med-low quick detach from HD.The wife likes it lot better, but it moves her a couple of inches ahead and now cramps her legs a bit.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:07 PM
R_W_B
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

This is what I ride, I love the wide rider seat and my wife likes the passenger seat.
Mustang Wide Vintage 2up. It's actually two separate seats but the underbrace is one piece. Not sure why that is, but had it now for two months and I don't get sore riding anymore. I bought it for $350 at Dennis Kirk with free shipping, but it's available at many places. Just shop the best price.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:30 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

not the most attractive seat but the sundowner by hd is really comfortable and doesnt brake the bank. it can be changed out quickly on a 2010 fxd

Old 01-29-2011, 09:36 PM
themickster
Intermediate

I also have the sundowner seat for 2 up ridding. very comfortable and easy changed back to the single seat when riding solo.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:51 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first time I took the wife out on my bike we went out to dinner and a movie. Trip was maybe 15 miles total. She said she wouldn't ride again without a sissy bar. After I told her it would be about 300.00 bucks all together she said that was fine. Not one to turn down the chance to drop some money on the bike I got the HD quick detach sissy bar and pad. The wife is happy with it and I've found I hardly take it off since it's easy to strap things to it and I ride almost daily.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:43 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R_W_B
This is what I ride, I love the wide rider seat and my wife likes the passenger seat.
Mustang Wide Vintage 2up. It's actually two separate seats but the underbrace is one piece. Not sure why that is, but had it now for two months and I don't get sore riding anymore. I bought it for $350 at Dennis Kirk with free shipping, but it's available at many places. Just shop the best price.
I, too, have the Mustang wides for solo and two-up, but mine are separate seats, so I can remove the passenger seat with one screw. I also have a sissy bar for attaching a matching Mustang backrest for my passenger. That sissy bar also has a detachable luggage rack that carries my barrel bag on most of my rides. I also have quick detach saddlebags and use them almost all the time.

Those Mustang wide seats are hard to beat for comfort, either solo or two-up.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:35 AM
kpolak
Cruiser

I'm in the same boat
I switched to the tall sissy bar as my Bride likes to recline...
Still looking into the seats.
Has anyone compared the Mustang to the Sundowner?

Old 01-30-2011, 08:21 AM
FiremanQ14
Intermediate

Thanks, Im going to look into the Mustang and Sundowner now that I know what to look for!

Quick Reply: Seat help?