Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hd of annapolis sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 AM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hd of annapolis sucks!

Dropped the bike off two weeks ago to get some parts powdercoated and wheels put on. I had called twice before and had no callbacks on a price quote so i just went in and talked with the service manager. I'm going TDY for 3 months and didn't want to have the bike in the shop when I got back, the service manger told me theyre dead right now and the only wait would be on the powdercoating. 8 days go by and they call me and tell me they couldnt powdercoat the exhaust gloss black. I said thats sounds like bullshit to me and that ive seen a lot of people have their exhaust shields powdercoated. she says oh we have the entire ehaust off the bike. lol. who the **** would want their exhaust powdercoated to then get scratched up by the shields. anyways that means the parts didnt get to the powdercoater for 8 days. I'm just getting really sick of people not being honest. if its gonna take 3 ****ing weeks just say it dont lie about it. I've been in the Military for 10 yrs and im getting real tired of the poor customer courtesy i see on a daily basis. I know HD doesnt give a **** about one lone person but come on do what the **** you say you are gonna do. I probabley wouldnt be this pissed but seeing 70 degrees the last couple of days put me over the top. This will be the last time i use HD of Annapolis for anything.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Wheelup
Banned
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Typical

Old 02-19-2011, 01:39 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Never have been a fan of dealerships that are afraid to advertise their bike prices on their website.

Old 02-19-2011, 03:38 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would take the ride down to Eastern Performance, they take very good care of you. I moved up to Frederick and wish I was closer to them.
They are always lighter on the pocket too!

Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM
annapolisfatbob
Tourer

I use Easterns too. They are a Harley distributor and cost the same as HD does.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:33 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've discovered that pretty much all dealerships suck. The question is, which one sucks the least?

Old 02-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. I don't trust any dealerships, cars-motorcycles...any of them. I could tell you a very funny story about the BMW Dealership in Annapolis when I was stationed up there. A salesman ended up fired that day!

Next time take the parts off yourself, and take them to a powder coater on your own. I bought a service manual and that's what I've done. Of course, I understand if it might be to complicated....same goes with me, I have been getting a feel for my limitations.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Just don't have Eastern work on your rear pulley...They used bolts that were too short, I discovered it going down the road.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:58 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It all sounds like a good reason to be really pissed. Just a couple of questions though. First, when you dropped the bike off did you tell them you wanted the exhaust powder coated or did you tell them you wanted the heat shields powder coated. I know it is usually explanatory but some people just don't have the ability to read between the lines. Question 2, what exactly does being in the military for 10 years have to do with being tired of poor customer courtesy?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
cmvsm
Advanced

I had called my local dealer to see about having some wheels put on, and they told me 4 hours at $80 per hour. And this is if I bring the wheels already mounted to them. That is BS. I'll just take an afternoon and put them on myself.

Quick Reply: Hd of annapolis sucks!