Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weight loss/power weight ratio

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:55 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

how much does an average battery weigh?

Old 03-01-2011, 03:23 PM
kirk180
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's your money and your bike...do with it as you will. I say congrats. You're off to a nice start. As someone stated earlier, changing the wheels to a lighter one would be a nice addition. With the things you've done so far, and lighter wheels, you'll probably actually start noticing handling and acceleration differences.

I don't understand all the nay saying in this thread? Whether or not he tells some huge significant difference is irrelevent. Since when is trimming off a little weight a bad thing when it comes to performance? Weight and torque have a direct coorelation in regard to performance.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:28 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

wieght issue aside, that swing arm is cool as hell and i would love to have one of those on my ride

Old 11-26-2011, 01:53 AM
flawlesscustoms
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lo-rider,simply put "you don't know your *** from a whole in the ground" ,I can't even imagine what kind of a dumb *** it would take to make the statements you have made on this page,if you are truly so dumb that you thing any weight loss off of any vehicle especially a motorcycle doesn't make a performance gain you really don't need to be posting about it,I can't understand why people who don't know **** about something still feel the need to waste others time. Stupidity is so dangerous,and the sad part is it usually a danger to others instead of there own dumb ***.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:44 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by flawlesscustoms
Lo-rider,simply put "you don't know your *** from a whole in the ground" ,I can't even imagine what kind of a dumb *** it would take to make the statements you have made on this page,if you are truly so dumb that you thing any weight loss off of any vehicle especially a motorcycle doesn't make a performance gain you really don't need to be posting about it,I can't understand why people who don't know **** about something still feel the need to waste others time. Stupidity is so dangerous,and the sad part is it usually a danger to others instead of there own dumb ***.
Not bad for a 1st post. Especially from someone who hasn't yet learned to spell.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:19 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
wieght issue aside, that swing arm is cool as hell and i would love to have one of those on my ride
I agree, not to mention the ceramic brakes as well.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:22 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 264 Posts

Here's the deal as I've seen it; one of my brothers has an '01 FXD; out of the box it's really the same bike as my '01 FXDXT except for suspension; same frame with the same rake...he's got a few less horsepower...anyhow, with 40+lbs less unspring weight and our different suspensions the handling difference makes it obviously worth while to me...as he said when he rode mine the first time "it practically falls into the corners at slow speeds and feels like it has power steering at higher speed..." I could easily have spent as much on paint and chrome; just because most people catagorize these machines as "cruisers" dosen't mean that all performance improvements are a senseless waste of one's money...off course a "crotch rocket" will handle better but versatility is the key here; my bike does more of the things I want to do than any other I've ridden.

Attached Thumbnails weight loss/power weight ratio-yellowstone-gate.jpg   weight loss/power weight ratio-our-bikes.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Grizzly HP2 (10-16-2020)
Old 11-26-2011, 09:33 AM
tkunk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When the Hayabusa was in development I was very into it because they were out to deliver the first 200mph stock motorcycle. Outside of aerodynamics they found weight loss to give the biggest gains. They said 8lbs was equal to 1hp.

Grizzly HP2 (10-16-2020)
Old 11-26-2011, 09:42 AM
bwana1
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

+++++++++++++++++++1000 on the 8-10 pounds equating to 1 hp gain or loss.

Ever run a stock 1200 against a stock Ultra 103? Not even close. Takes a lot of extra hp to make up for 300 pounds.

Bwana

Grizzly HP2 (10-16-2020)
Old 11-26-2011, 12:44 PM
JohnC FXDX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A tenth of a second is pretty big when it comes to drag racing. At 100 mph it is a full car length. About 15-20 feet. At 120 mph it is closer to 30 feet. When the guy you just raced is 30 feet in front of you, go ahead and tell him that 30lbs. doesn't make a difference.

Grizzly HP2 (10-16-2020)

Quick Reply: weight loss/power weight ratio