Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why isn't the Fatbob more popular

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 03:11 AM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Year old thread, but to me it seems that this is one of the most popular Dynas, at least on this board, now. And I've started seeing more of them in Austin in the last 6 months. I kinda wish they weren't so popular, honestly. Especially in the denim black.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 AM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cafe8racer
I went from a Triumph Bonneville to the Fatbob. I test road all the dyna's starting with the fatbob. In the end, I came back to the fatbob. The handling was superb compared to all the other dyna's, not to mention the bonneville.
I am in the process of going to a single headlight. I like the classic look.
The rear fender looks fine as is but check out some of the modified rear fenders on line. The conversions look awesome. It can be done for around 1K. If you like the sportster style but are too big for the smaller frame. Buy the fatbob and modify it. It ends up looking close to the sportster yet larger frame.
You can do a fender swap for alot less than a grand. Mine was about half that. What headlight are you going with?

Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Overlappinglittlepig
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

My first harley was a 05 sportster. Next came the 06 heritage and then the 07 ultra which I still have. Told myself that by the time I turn fifty I want to own two harleys. I always thought that I would like something in the dyna family. The first time that I saw a fatbob I knew it was the bike for me! Just bought a holdover 2012 in November and I absolutely love it! I never thought any part of it was ugly,even the rear fender. I will say that it is the best running harley out of the box that I have ever owned,even with the cat in the headpipe! I added some cycle shack slip ons and a fuel moto air cleaner and couldn't be happier!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:37 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

because it's ugly as sin.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 AM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

love my 08 crimsin red denim fat bob. bought it cause its unique no question. for a H.D. it handles great. Dont like the low h.p. though. 64 h.p. on a 700 lb bike dont cut it. Used to 55 h.p. 450 mx bikes at 230 ibs i guess. Next bike is a street glide but then ill just blend in with the crowd. lots of those on the road. love the Harley thing. sick of losin money on jap bikes

Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

My beautiful hd orwnge fat bob has been one of the best things I've done so far! I came from a fat boy and honestly could never, EVER fathom going back to a softail!

Personal preference... but I think the bobtail fender is sexy as hell! It will look even better with the led tail light swap. Best riding bike I've had. Touring bikes were very nice, lol but my fatty is a hot rod and I love her!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 AM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

really love my fatty where I live have not seen many around , and have never seen one in sendona orange. so I like that , drove two other dynas and they did not handle as good as the fatbob. and I love the two headlights they really cut through the night. I guess if everyone bought the same, life would not be so interesting .

Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Nix
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatty

Love my FatBob if it still is one........

Attached Thumbnails Why isn't the Fatbob more popular-image.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Nix
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatty

Did 1100miles in one day and thought it was great! From 6c in South Wales to 36c in the South of France it never missed a beat. Went through hail sleet snow to heat wave it was Awesome.
Mate had a street Bob which did equally as well on same journey and another on a 48 sportster with Nightster tank again not a prob.
Harley's Rock enjoy your bike ride it get to know it, put some miles on it....

Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nix
Love my FatBob if it still is one........
You Fat Bob looks sick! Just inspired me to get a Street Bob single headlight for local riding. I could swap the dual light hosing in for long distance extended rides! Looks great!

Quick Reply: Why isn't the Fatbob more popular