Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why isn't the Fatbob more popular

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:40 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like a lot of things, choice of bike is very taste specific. What looks good to some won't look good to others.

As Nix said: More importantly it is how it makes me feel...
THAT is the important issue. Nothing else matters.

For what it's worth, when I was considering buying a dyna, the street bob and fat bob were the two top choices. Eventually I settled on the street bob... and I really can't explain why that is, other than to say when I sat on the street bob - it just felt right.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:08 PM
steve7046
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to this forum, but as im picking up a Fatty on the 22nd of this month seems like the ideal thread to introduce myself. Test rode most of the sportster and dyna range last summer and there were two that stood out right away, the 48 and the Fat Bob. I ended up going for the 48 with it being the cheaper option and my first HD. Nothing wrong with the 48 other than the tank range, but 1 year on I still wanted the Fatty so ive traded the 48 in for the 2011 Fatty and cant wait till I get her.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 PM
rdb1976
Road Master

I don't personally have anything against it. It's just not my taste.

I also could never buy one because everyone would say "there goes Fat Rob on his Fat Bob".

Old 04-06-2011, 05:28 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

It has a polarizing look with the Triumph style headlight , and the rear fender . Other that that it seems to be a superior set up , with the wide trees , fat front tire , drag bars , and little rake .

Old 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Glock Enthusiast
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Honestly, the things everyone seems to mention that make them not like the FXDF are the exact reasons I LOVE it. I love the headlight, beefy front tire, rear fender, and drag bars. These are the characteristics that really sold it to me.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:00 PM
dynamiamiflo
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally love the Fat Bob and its my dream bike. I think its a cross between a Fat boy and a Dyna, I love the dual headlight, the 2-1-2 pipes, the fat front tire and the bada$$ look it gives, also with the drag bars. LIke others pointed out, perhaps the only negative would be the front end rake and the back fender, but I dont mind the fender that much. When the time comes to upgrade from my dyna super glide, FatBob is definately on tope of my list.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:20 PM
CigarDogHD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by martinbrody
Most expensive dyna (I think), styling is different, I like the headlights but not the front tire.
+1
First of all, I love my Fat Bob. But, around my parts I see more young guys on Sportsters, simply because the price is right and it has a Harley badge on it (of course, nothings wrong with that, I upgraded from an 883). But, all the grey beards around here ride soft tails and touring models. IMO the FB style appeals to a younger group of riders, but is a little pricey for a first time rider/owner. Just my outlook.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Jbizzle
Road Captain

I don't care for the bobtail rear fender. Thats the one and only complaint I have. Otherwise, I love the front end and dual headlights. The ride is probably pretty nice with the thicker front tire too.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 345 Likes on 159 Posts

Why isn't the Fat Bob more popular?

Because Jax doesn't ride one on SOA.

Just a Joke everyone, I love my Fat Bob and thats all that matters.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Dubnut
Intermediate

T-Dub

Funny you say your next bike is a Street Glide. I have bought used Fatty parts from 2 people. Both traded them for Street Glides. Guess that is the natural progression...

Quick Reply: Why isn't the Fatbob more popular