Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone want a brand new 06 sundowner 2up?....or trade?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 01:09 PM
waterman7474
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone want a brand new 06 sundowner 2up?....or trade?

i got the seat the other day from zanottis and last night got a chance to put it on and give it a whirl for an hour or so.

let's just say that i'm not impressed and a little dissapointed. to be fair, "it's not you, it's me".........ha. no, i mean that i think it's just not the right seat for me.

first off, from the stock seat, i feel like a kid who is sitting on a phone book or something. it's not that bad but it did raise me up an inch or so.

it also puts me closer to the pegs and puts my legs in a kind of uncomfortable bend, not quite far enough (kind of hard to explain). i am obiously a little closer to the bars too and i find that i am sitting a little more upright than pushed forward. i know this isn't the case for most people but i feel more comfortable a little more stretched out.

i've gotten really used to being lower and back on the stocker and can tell that my center of grav. is changed a little, especially in low speed turns.

i'm only 5'10 but i kinda have long legs but for some reason it's kinda wide for when i put my feet down at a light. and it's a little stiff but i know that is a 'new' thing.

i know i am the minority but i really kinda like the stocker and i bought it for a girlfriend or date or whatever to ride around on cause i've heard the back is pretty comfy (and it looks that way!). course, i'd have to have a girlfriend or dat and that's a WHOLE other issue i don't wanna think about right now!

maybe i need to go with the rally runner. the driver seat seems more like what i like but i have heard that the back isn't as comfortable. maybe i could get a gell pad added to the back or something? i really don't want to go through re-shaping this one.

anyway, it's got an hour and 1/2 of use, still got the box, strap, manual, plastic bag and event the little foam pad that protects the screwdown in the back.

i'll let it go for $225 (shipping incl) or trade for something else if anyone wants to get out of something they have.

Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 PM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone want a brand new 06 sundowner 2up?....or trade?

I sent you a pm