Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno run

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Psycho
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno run

Run only. Didn't change anything, just checked it out.

I told him it seemed kinda low. He said what it is is realistic. He said he could make those numbers show anything he wanted just by altering a few things but it would basically be cheating the system, said he really didn't reccomend paying him to change anything because it's fine. Nothing wrong with it, said he probably could gain maybe one number each but it wouldn't be worth my money for the gains involved. Said to save my money till after I change the cams this winter, bring it back, and he'll get some real gains out of it.

Told me to look out for shops that claim they can make great gains. Says they'll show even lower numbers than that to start, then show a couple of 80's and tell me what a great job they did, but in reality, they would get most of the gains by manipulating the system, but he wasn't willing to rob me of my money. Guy seemed really up front with me, and seemed to know his stuff.

Charged me forty bucks and sent me on my way.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15138/AABCC90613DE471F90DD7F7DFE28B63D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-15-2006, 02:00 PM
tdshepard
Unsubscribed From Forum
Default RE: Dyno run

What year is your bike?

Old 10-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Psycho
Road Master

06'

Old 10-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Psycho
Road Master

K&N high flow, (oval) Big city thunder baffles, PCIII premapped from fuelmoto.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:11 PM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a copy of that map? I'ld like to compare it to mine from FuelMoto.
I just came back from trying out a map and the bike pops like crazy after being on it so I'm outside now loading a different one and yes this is the map Fuelmoto gave me.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Psycho
Road Master

Sorry Mike, not right off hand. It came with the map that is in it. At some point, I plugged it up and looked at it, but didn't save anything.

It's a pain in the a$$ too. I have to wheel the bike into the living room to plug it into the computer. I don't have a laptop

Old 10-15-2006, 02:15 PM
tdshepard
Unsubscribed From Forum

Do you know what gear the bike was in for the pulls? That can make a difference. SAE and 5 smoothing is the honest way to make runs. You may not have bragging numbers but it looks like a great driving bike to me. And a good baseline like this will show the real gains of any future mods you make.........

Old 10-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Psycho
Road Master

I don't know about bragging numbers. The guy basically told me that most bragging numbers come from dishonest dyno techs. Like you said, there is an honest way to get numbers, then there are ways to "cheat" the system.

Indeed the bike is a great runner, and runs like a raped ape. No problem whatsoever getting it onto the back wheel without the fancy clutch work. I know cause I did it on accident once.

Most of my friends comment on how much torque the bike seems to have when we trade rides. Folks that ride it are usually quite impressed with the power it's got. I think the guy just did an honest run without trying to screw with the numbers, and then gave me good honest advice.

I used to repair/hotrod CB radios and linear amplifiers for a kind of sideline income. I could make big claims, and show a customer any numbers they wanted to see, and many of my competitors did. Voodoo radio work, but the truth was in the talking, and while I never tried to show great numbers, my radios would usually outtalk the the rest. I suspect the dyno stuff is the same way. Some dyno operators have truly figured out what to expect, and how to tune a bike for good numbers, while others have gotten good at manipulating the dyno to "show" good numbers.

Like you said though. I feel like I've got a good honest baseline, and sticking with the same dyno and dyno operator will probably give me a true snapshot over time of what gains I get in the future.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Psycho

I have to wheel the bike into the living room to plug it into the computer. I don't have a laptop
You can get a usb extension cable for 20 bucks at best buy

Old 10-15-2006, 03:06 PM
RWP
Cruiser

I just had my SB reran and tuned, yesterday al so. The reason was that when the original tune was at about 800 miles. The tuner could not do a full run with that low of miles. I have known him for a number of years, and I did purchase the PC from his dealer ship. First tune took about an hour and a half that was install time included. Yesterday about to hours, reason being we tuned up to par with the SE11’s and then put some big city thunder baffles in. We lost about two HP with the city thunder baffles in. I think a custom map will give you a little more( see attachment). The attachment is with the stock se baffles, and blue line is what we ended up with from first tune, green final. Forgot to get the print out with big city thunder baffles in, since we do not change any thing and the AF was good. I will probably stay the stock baffles. As I said I do feel a custom map will do more than a generic, and this numbers are not out of line. I an not a expert, but in my youger days racing this was my tuner, and he did ok.
RWP

ORIGINAL: Psycho

I don't know about bragging numbers. The guy basically told me that most bragging numbers come from dishonest dyno techs. Like you said, there is an honest way to get numbers, then there are ways to "cheat" the system.

Indeed the bike is a great runner, and runs like a raped ape. No problem whatsoever getting it onto the back wheel without the fancy clutch work. I know cause I did it on accident once.

Most of my friends comment on how much torque the bike seems to have when we trade rides. Folks that ride it are usually quite impressed with the power it's got. I think the guy just did an honest run without trying to screw with the numbers, and then gave me good honest advice.

I used to repair/hotrod CB radios and linear amplifiers for a kind of sideline income. I could make big claims, and show a customer any numbers they wanted to see, and many of my competitors did. Voodoo radio work, but the truth was in the talking, and while I never tried to show great numbers, my radios would usually outtalk the the rest. I suspect the dyno stuff is the same way. Some dyno operators have truly figured out what to expect, and how to tune a bike for good numbers, while others have gotten good at manipulating the dyno to "show" good numbers.

Like you said though. I feel like I've got a good honest baseline, and sticking with the same dyno and dyno operator will probably give me a true snapshot over time of what gains I get in the future.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5197/FC0A17DBC2BB4A71B2D024DB58ADB308.gif[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Dyno run