Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Dyna Service Manual CD

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Bigbird
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Dyna Service Manual CD

Does anyone have the 06 Dyna Service Manual on CD? I like using the CD's because the pages dont get all greasy. You just print out the pages you need and discard them when you are done.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:15 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 06 Dyna Service Manual CD

That would be handy, i didn't know HD did that

Old 10-28-2006, 09:54 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have a hard copy of the manual. If I knew where I could get one on cd, I'd be first in line. I way prefer electronic over paper...any day of the week.

Todd

Old 10-29-2006, 03:40 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain

WOW i am suprized to hear people like cd over paper manuals .. as a mechanic i will take my paper manuals any day of the week . i find it much faster to thumb though pages back and forth and too veiw pics .. too much clicking loading and printing anyway with cd's .. the guys at the shop laugh at me because i took all the hard manuals out of the trash and have them on a shelf in my bay..but when the computer fails then they always wanna borrow my manuals i just laugh

Old 10-29-2006, 06:31 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: NEONNIGHT34609

WOW i am suprized to hear people like cd over paper manuals .. as a mechanic i will take my paper manuals any day of the week . i find it much faster to thumb though pages back and forth and too veiw pics .. too much clicking loading and printing anyway with cd's .. the guys at the shop laugh at me because i took all the hard manuals out of the trash and have them on a shelf in my bay..but when the computer fails then they always wanna borrow my manuals i just laugh
I have 4 or 5 laptops and a couple desktops running in my house at all times. The chance that all of those computers could be down at once is slim to say the least. Perhaps your shop needs more than one computer.

I understand why some would like paper...just like I understand why some people like VCRs instead of DVDs, typewriters instead of word processors, etc etc...but the truth is, in this day and age with the availability of options using electronic media, why use paper?...it takes up more space and is certainly not prone to flooding and fire. The fact is, I can take every manual harley has ever written and put it on a single keychain data drive (5 GB). I could keep all those manuals on every hard drive of every computer, burn them to CD, keep them on the portable (keychain) drive, and can print them if I need a hard copy in front of me. When comparing electronic to paper....well..there is no comparison. As long as you have an electronic version, you can protect it (i.e. fireproof safe), it's much more portable, and you can transfer it to whatever media type you desire.
I'm not surprised one bit that people prefer cds over paper

Todd

Old 10-29-2006, 07:30 PM
NEONNIGHT34609
Road Captain

you do have your points too . 4-5 laptops and a few desk tops seems like the risk of fire is pretty good there too hahaha .. i do work in a shop where they have more then one computer i just like my paper better and like i stated before when there system (server) is down i am still working and making money with my paper manuals .... its not an old time thing i am 30 years old and would just rather have a manual infront of me. time is money where i work and to clean up, go to the computer,hope no one is on it , if so find wait or go to the next computer ,look it up, print it out, walk back to my bay, so on and so forth does not work well for me ..

Old 10-29-2006, 08:49 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,818 Likes on 2,071 Posts

ORIGINAL: NEONNIGHT34609

WOW i am suprized to hear people like cd over paper manuals .. as a mechanic i will take my paper manuals any day of the week .
i find it much faster to thumb though pages back and forth and too veiw pics ..
too much clicking loading and printing anyway with cd's ..
the guys at the shop laugh at me because i took all the hard manuals out of the trash
and have them on a shelf in my bay..
but when the computer fails then they always wanna borrow my manuals i just laugh
I have paper manuals for every vehicle I have ever owned. Dating back forty some odd years.
First one was 57 Chevy Truck manual.

Computer though, is probably the single most valuable tool I have ever acquired.

Can't beat out iron on it like I do on my greatgrandfather's anvil,
but I can draw out and visualize a project down to a 256th, or better, if need be.

Wiring diagrams have always bothered me in the paperbooks, even when I could see.

Now I can scan them, blow it up or down, draw colored lines to follow the path,
put it on a CD and take it with me to a jobsite, etc etc

mud

Old 02-27-2007, 07:06 PM
pshawtx
Cruiser

which manual would you guys say is the best source H-D or one of the others?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:03 AM
watriff
Cruiser

I know it's not as good as a CD, but why don't you copy & print the pages for a particular task (most printers that can scan have a copy button that makes the printer act as a copier). Not as fast & easy as a CD, but you won't get your manual all greasy.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:23 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never tried it, but my mother takes all her music books to Kinkos and has them spiral bound so they stay open. They are about the same size as the hd manuals....hmm...won't keep them clean, but it may make them easier to use!