Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last ride before some changes with pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Last ride before some changes with pics

Went out on a ride yesterday after a little disagreement with the wife and had the sole intention of getting after it. Well I can no longer stand the forward controls and the Bars. Ordered some risers finally, and searching for a set of mid controls someone took off for forwards that wont break the bank. Other than that it was a great ride up HW-76 in CA to palomar mountain. Usually the mountain is plauged with guys in full out leathers treating it like the isle of man tt (I have to admit I've been one of "those" guys) but yesterday it was fairly dead. Got rid of the chicken stripes from the previous owner as well, and I have to say the dunlops suck. If there is anyone in the SD area looking for a ride let me know I am usuallly always down for one. Sorry for the huge pics I'm to lazy to shrink stuff.

Last edited by Bo_Jangles; 05-29-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:34 PM
goblin127
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel the same way about the forwards. I never thought the day would come when I would own a cruiser.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:38 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have my left over mids, theres really not much left after the swap though... 2 peg mounts and the shifter shaft...oh and a brake pedal... i will round them up and let you have them for shipping costs... lemmie know

Old 05-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
i have my left over mids, theres really not much left after the swap though... 2 peg mounts and the shifter shaft...oh and a brake pedal... i will round them up and let you have them for shipping costs... lemmie know
that would great pm when you do!

Old 05-29-2011, 03:05 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those roads sure look tempting. I agree with the Dunflops, i went with Avons and they are much better.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:17 PM
dynabobster
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bo_Jangles
Went out on a ride yesterday after a little disagreement with the wife and had the sole intention of getting after it. Well I can no longer stand the forward controls and the Bars. Ordered some risers finally, and searching for a set of mid controls someone took off for forwards that wont break the bank. Other than that it was a great ride up HW-76 in CA to palomar mountain. Usually the mountain is plauged with guys in full out leathers treating it like the isle of man tt (I have to admit I've been one of "those" guys) but yesterday it was fairly dead. Got rid of the chicken stripes from the previous owner as well, and I have to say the dunlops suck. If there is anyone in the SD area looking for a ride let me know I am usuallly always down for one. Sorry for the huge pics I'm to lazy to shrink stuff.

Put some Pirelli Night Dragons on there and it will transform the bike, might not last as long as the stockers, but they stick like glue! Especially on the front, bet the stock front tire was slipping all over the place. I am currently running the Avon Storm II Ultra and it sticks better than the K591 you have on the rear, but no way does it sticks as good as the Night Dragon. Still running the ND in the front but it is getting towards the wear bars.
It is nice to have ground clearance to actually lean the bike over, what shock and length are you running?
When I am able to get a quality longer rear shock I am going back to the NDs, don't care whether the 180 "fills" out the rear fender and no matter the tread life. Confidence in cornering is priceless!
What I found with the NDs is that they seem to stick in all circumstances, they seem to even find traction in the loose crap you find in the corners on most mountain roads and damp paint stripes. I live in an agriculture area and the wind will dust the back roads with fine powder from plowing and it can get real slick, the NDs seem to cut right through it where the Avons or the Dunlops just don't seem to have that capability?
Dig that Crimson red on the SB, too. I am also running the the FXD mags, but the Low Rider version.

Last edited by dynabobster; 05-29-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:24 PM
CMC
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sick photos. I would like to hit up Pally of these days. I'd been before on my Triumph but haven't been since I got the HD.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:24 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CMC
Sick photos. I would like to hit up Pally of these days. I'd been before on my Triumph but haven't been since I got the HD.
^^^Exactly what I was thinking...the shots of you leaning that bike into the corners are awesome!

Old 05-29-2011, 05:38 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Very awesome looking bike . I love that look ! How do you like the bung king bars ?

Old 05-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Bo_Jangles
Tourer

The bars are some custom made window bars the previous owner made to look like t bars without swapping the 08 type molded triple trees. I bought the correct top clamp for risers and have some 6 1/2" and 8" risers on order and a friends sportster 48 bars waiting to swap. Overall the current bars are about 13" overall rise and 6" or so pull back. They feel good but look god awfull. I have some stock fxdx shocks in back that are maxed out in height, so it gives the bike a generous amount of ground clearance. But with the controls limit the lean angle. I hope to correct this with mids. My goal was to show up the squids on their metrics while riding a Harley. No body on a sport bike likes getting passed in the corners by a "cruiser". What most folks don't realize is their body position and throttle control makes up a huge portion of cornering, well that and suspension. Even if you have an amazing bike with state of the art suspension it won't do jack if you are clueless with the basics of two wheeled handling. I learned a lot from racing track days and reading Keith codes books. When these dunlops wear out I will swap them out with my tried and true bridgestones. Anyway, I could talk forever on handling and riding styles. If anyone in the area wants to cruise the back roads of north county I would love the company.