Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end wobble gone thank you everyone!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:04 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Front end wobble gone thank you everyone!!!

Got the front end wobble fixed . combination of tire pressure and fork adjustment seems to have done the trick . Will put heavier fork oil in soon and better suspension when I can afford it . thanks to everyone who responded. Problem is fixed.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:55 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
Got the front end wobble fixed . combination of tire pressure and fork adjustment seems to have done the trick . Will put heavier fork oil in soon and better suspension when I can afford it . thanks to everyone who responded. Problem is fixed.
Nothing like a free fix!

As for the fork oil, save up for the Ricor Intiminators and just order their suggested Amsoil fork oil from them then. I did and I like it.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:06 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

Ill take that advice . I have priced those and they seem reasonable. I have also heard very good things about them . (the Intiminators). thanks.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:51 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

What fork adjustment was needed? What exactly did you do?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Desertram800
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having some major front end issues too. Stock was way too soft, so I tried the SE race oil, and it was basically a rigid in front! I'm running some 20wt right now, and it's still too stiff. Sigh.... I should have listened from the get-go and got the ricors...next on my list now...

Old 07-04-2011, 09:35 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
What fork adjustment was needed? What exactly did you do?
+1 on what he said!!

Old 07-04-2011, 04:57 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member

I adjusted the fork bearing fall away till it was in spec and then tightened it about an 1/8th of a turn . See service manual for how to do this.

I dont know about the newer dynas since I have just gotten mine. I had 2 older dyna's ; a superglide and a lowrider. On both of those bikes I carried a wrench with me or just made sure the fork nut was tight when it started feeling loosey - goosey and it always handled much better.

It does not take much of an adjustment on the fork nut. I would just ride it and tighten it till it did not shimmy or wobble. You don't want to crank on it too much because if you get it too tight it can make your fork bearings wear out to fast.

Also make sure your tires are in spec 30 PSI in front and 40 PSI rear. (on 2011 dyna yours may be different check owners manual) . that also helped . Better front end springs or the intiminator will help lots too from all the posts I have recieved about it.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Its next on my list too.

Originally Posted by Desertram800
I'm having some major front end issues too. Stock was way too soft, so I tried the SE race oil, and it was basically a rigid in front! I'm running some 20wt right now, and it's still too stiff. Sigh.... I should have listened from the get-go and got the ricors...next on my list now...
+! this will be my first suspension mod after I get the air cleaner set up I need,

Old 07-04-2011, 05:02 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Default My first 80 MPH wobble

My original post was titled " My first 80 MPH wobble" by missedem.

Check it out if you need some ideas on how to get your bike to handle better. I did several of the things suggested and it made a big difference . No more wobble at 80 .

Old 07-04-2011, 05:07 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 05 wideglide and it was wobble wobble, than i did some research and went with the race tech springs and there oil, wow best mod ever when doing your research do not leave them out

Quick Reply: Front end wobble gone thank you everyone!!!