Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 04:49 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs

Just installed my new seat!!!! Here's a review with pics.
I am 6'-250lbs with a 34" inseam. I was thinking about getting extended forwards to stretch my legs out a bit...but I KNEW it was time to get a new saddle when after only an hour on the stocker my lower back started to hurt. After quite a bit of research (online-cuz nobody here i know has a 2-up custom made for the long haul) I got the LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs seat with: gel, "Inferno" custom stitch in red thread, and a red label.
The Daddy Long Legs sets you BACK about 2" and DOWN 1". The regular Maverick about half of that; i think..
Because I wanted the custom stitching (I couldn't find it elsewhere) I called LePera direct. I dealt with Ashley in the sales department. She's great and can answer all your questions.
First impressions: The seat is WAY firmer than the stocker and the back part of the driver section is high enough to give you lower back support. This support really is great when settling in for a long day's ride... The seat is also narrower in front and allows your legs to move around a little easier. Also, can see more of my battery box, etc... And my legs are in a perfect position (a little straighter) on the pegs; so no need for those extended forwards!!
The little lady DEFINITELY digs the big passenger seat!!! It's WAY more comfortable-and it's not angled down; so she doesn't slide off when I accelerate.(adding a sissy bar next to help with this as well)
http://www.lepera.com/seat_pgs/v3_Dy....php?SEATID=18

Attached Thumbnails LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-side-by-side.jpg   LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-seat-1.jpg   LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-seat-2.jpg   LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-seat-3.jpg   LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-seat-4.jpg  

Old 07-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

some more pics...

Attached Thumbnails LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-seat-5.jpg   LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-seat-6.jpg   LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs-seat-long-shot.jpg  
Old 07-23-2011, 06:18 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

As long as you like it.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:39 AM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks goo, sounds like you found what is comfy.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:57 AM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! I'm 6'4" and looking for a better seat. I like the stitching!

Old 07-23-2011, 09:50 AM
BoxOfCohibas
Advanced

I put on the HD Tallboy seat for a few rides and didn't like it one bit. It was way to big, chafed the paint on my tank/fender/Bat box and ECU cover! It sat me back 2'' and up 1''. Totaly changed the ride. Took that off and bought a LaPera Sport seat off CL. Now, it definatly is not made for the long haul. But it looks better and feels pretty good for under 100 miles.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:15 AM
03FXD-LOW
Cruiser

Great write up...glad you found a good fit for you AND the lady!

Old 07-23-2011, 01:14 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Reviews with pictures are probably the single greatest asset this site has to offer. Thanks for spending the time to post up.

Old 07-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Reviews with pictures are probably the single greatest asset this site has to offer. Thanks for spending the time to post up.
I AGREE!! Can't begin to tell you how much I've learned on this forum.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

@Steel Steed: Anything will be better than stock. Check out the Maverick DLL and the C&C Sport tour. They are the production seats(that i know of) that will set you back a little.

Quick Reply: LePera Maverick Daddy Long Legs