Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

70900100 Speedo/Tach

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 02:32 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by ll Legion ll
Damn, that's not the kind of news I wanted to hear...
I know what you mean....we talked about it bit the day Harley posted the NEW items on the web page. Right now the only option is the Dakota Digital...twice as much and half as cool lookin. And with the Dakota I think you loose your miles remaining function as well.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:21 AM
rmecca06
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ll Legion ll
So it sounds like the gauge will fit, but it might not 'work' fully....

I'll have to investigate the stealership return policy before I give this a test...

I askd them if i bought the gauge and it didnt work if i could return it, the guy replied," Absolutly Not" .... lol thanks guys

Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Number15
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I was able to convince my dealer to let me "borrow" one for a few hours, and retain store credit if it didn't work.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that it DOES NOT work in the 2010 WG. Fits like a glove and looks great, but doesn't even power up...so looks like I'm keeping the Dakota Digital for now. I do like the DD, and it works great, but I prefer the analog tach and look of this new one. Really pisses me off, as I've been waiting 2+ years for the motor company to put one out for the 2010/11 WG, and in that time they've released at least 5 models for the 5" consoles, and now one for the 4" 2012 WG...but none for us.

My guess is that the new CAN-BUS electrical system is wired differently, despite using the same connectors in the wiring harness.

The wait continues...

Old 08-06-2011, 07:40 PM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for being the guinea pig. I was about to go buy one just to see for myself. Why the hell wont Harley make a speedo with a tach for the thousands of people who own 06-10 dynas with 4" gauges. I guess Ill have to give my money to Dakota Digital.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:29 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Thanks for the info Number15. The biggest BS about this whole issue is HD obviously knows there is a market for a 4" combo gauge or they wouldn't have made this one. I've been wanting to put one on my bike since the day I picked it up. Why the heck did they use a 4" gauge on the WG and SB anyway?

Old 08-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Number15
Advanced

Shame, too, because I think this new one is the best looking one yet...the brushed aluminum face is blacked out a bit to reduce glare, has the big sweeping analog tach, and smaller digital speedo, with a decent amount of extra info. It's a nicely designed accessory.

I have emailed HD on this specific issue a number of times, and have mentioned it numerous times in the HD advisory panel surveys I sometimes get, but to no avail. This new one fits our bikes perfectly, doesn't make sense that they wouldn't wire one that works into the same body and design, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

I'd be fine with another aftermarket option, but to this point Dakota Digital seems the best option. And I will reiterate that the DD gauge does work very well, I just dig the look of analog pointers.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:35 AM
rmecca06
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that info Number15, I new if was just a matter of time until someone tried it out.... It sucks and I agree It is one of the nicest gauges out there... I cant get my self to buy the Digital Dakota gauge bc I really just dont like the look and want an analog gauge.... oh well alll we can do is hope

Old 08-07-2011, 08:59 AM
ll Legion ll
Advanced

Originally Posted by Number15
I was able to convince my dealer to let me "borrow" one for a few hours, and retain store credit if it didn't work.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that it DOES NOT work in the 2010 WG.
The wait continues...
Thanks for checking! I'm not a fan of the DD gauge, so I think my next best option will be to install a SG/FB tank with the 5" gauge. That would at least give me a bunch of options...

Old 08-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Number15
Advanced

I called into HD customer care again and logged the request (again). Enough harassment and maybe they'll take the time to wire one up for us.

Otherwise I'll continue to keep an eye out for other aftermarket options, but thus far the DD is the only one with all the goods. Not crazy about the look, but the black bezel option on the gauge is cool, and the blue LCD matches my paint and flush mount fuel gauge, so it's ok for the short term.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:13 AM
ll Legion ll
Advanced

Originally Posted by Number15
I called into HD customer care again and logged the request (again). Enough harassment and maybe they'll take the time to wire one up for us.
Agreed, I called as well (again) and I also sent an email "Suggesting a new part" to: H-DIdeaSubmissionsSuggestion@harley-davidson.com

Hopefully if they hear from enough of us they will put something together. I'd be happy with a jumper harness that lets us use the existing gauge...

Quick Reply: 70900100 Speedo/Tach