Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best seat for my passenger

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsbfxdwg
I have a Mustang Vintage Wide on my 02 Wide Glide and I hear zero complaints from the back seat. Not the prettiest seat out there, but it is quite comfortable. I have the single seat version, but you can also get a solo seat plus pillion of the same seat.
I also use the Mustang wide (16.5") front seat and for two-up I put on a Mustang wide (12.5") passenger seat. I go back and forth regularly, removing the rear seat when it's not being used. We both have the most comfortable seats that I've seen offered.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:46 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LarryLives
I have the HD Touring seat on my 06 WG, Its HUGE!
But, the wife and I love the comfort.

But I will say it again, It Is LARGE.
Same seat, same opinion. Comfy but god awful big and ugly.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Mk1Racer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Mustang Fastback on mine, and she's never complained. Then again, she's never been for more than a 2-3 hour ride w/ stops along the way. It's a lot more comfortable for me than the stock 2-up seat I had.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:23 AM
FXD_TG
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ackman1968
Same seat, same opinion. Comfy but god awful big and ugly.
Let me third that observation... Touring is VERY comfy for my wife (and me), but looks massive and turns your boulevard cruiser into something less sporty-looking.

I had swapped out the stock tissue-box saddle that came on our FXDWG for the 9.5" wide Touring Pillion and my wife was happy with that because she didn't know any better.

I made the mistake of wanting to go to a one-piece saddle and our local dealers only had the way too narrow for the passenger Badlanders and Sidekick and the massive Sundowner & Touring. I made the mistake of putting on the Touring saddle and letting Debbie give it a try and once she experienced full support on a well-padded saddle there was really no going back. The Touring ended up being the better saddle for me -- Sundowner moved me forward and up, whereas the Touring only moved me up -- so that's what we took home.

It look's like an overstuffed couch and makes me sit a bit higher than I'd like, but after getting used to it... it feels like my favorite recliner once I'm rolling and my feet are up on the forward controls. I had to replace the stock FXDWG sissy bar with a set of rigid sideplates and med low sissy bar / backrest which put it further on the path to "touring bike" class, but I already have saddlebags coming so I've pretty much surrendered "sport styling" for practicality. I've still got a sportbike that I ride to work every day to feed my ego, so that makes the domesticated Wide Glide easier to swallow. And, well, it's not like I'm out looking to pick up chicks.... I got my own babe and keeping her happy is Job #1.

I'm still looking for a "better" saddle that has a leather cover, similar comfort for Debbie but a lower profile that's a bit more narrow than the Touring Saddle. I may see if Rick Mayer can do something for me via a mod to a used Touring saddle.

Last edited by FXD_TG; 08-13-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

We must see the Ladys seat to make a good sugestion on a seat to match....

Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 AM
saleen03
Stage III

Thanks so much for all the replies. Looks like I will be going with the mustang seat, or a hd touring seat.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd think your passenger would be the best judge of which seat is best for them.

Mine likes the Mustang wide passenger pillion. She loved the passenger area of the sundowner. I hated the seat in general.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:51 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

The hd sundowner is a very comfy seat, not the best looking but wont break the bank either

Old 08-15-2011, 03:54 PM
'08 BOB
6th Gear

I had the HD sidekick and wifey hated it, got the Mustang vintage solo and the vintage wide pillion and she loves it, and I can easily remove it when she isn't with me so it looks good too.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:57 PM
RA51
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have a sundowner seat for my night train an dyna. Whenever she rides with me the sundowner is on the bike. She has done 400 miles in a day with no complaints. They are ugly but to have her ride with me an no complaints well worth it. If I ride by myself I change seats to what I like.

Quick Reply: What's the best seat for my passenger