Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help buying new seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:45 PM
HD-MC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help buying new seat Danny Gray or HD

So I'm in the market for a new seat for my 11 WG been searching this forum read a lot of post on seats and just want your input from the guy's that have one of those seats HD Sidekick or Danny Gray Weekday 2-up with gel insert.

Reason why I'm looking at changing my stock seat is I have lower back problem and my seat been killing when I ride 200miles on day trips. Looking for something whit a little more support and those 2 have back support built in so might be a good things.

I look at C&C but did not like that they are not offering warranty on the seat since I'm in Canada when other do.

So what are your experience whit those seats and what did you like most about it with shipping Danny Gray is more expensive compare to the HD from the dealer but price don't really bother me when it come to comfort so I won't make my decision base on that.

Last edited by HD-MC; 08-17-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay away from gell

Gell is a liquid and liquids transfer heat, guess what sits just below your seat

Old 08-16-2011, 08:20 PM
HD-MC
Tourer

I was concern about that at first until I read this on Danny gray website.

At Danny Gray, we use a state of the art alternative to gel. The "gel" we use is actually a viscolastic dry polymer. This stable solid is not a liquid so it will not leak; get as hot in the sun, freeze, or ruin the seat cover like other gels will. Our gel distributes the weight of the rider evenly over the surface of the seat to relieve stress points. The gel forms to your body reducing pressure points and increasing blood flow to help prevent "numb butt" syndrome

Old 08-16-2011, 08:31 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

Very nice!

Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,962 Likes on 3,040 Posts

I've got a Mustang 2-up classic one piece. No back rest but back support. It's a wide seat (I'm wide in the hip) so on the twisties your not hanging off the seat. On tight slow turns your still on the seat too. I like it. JMO

Old 08-16-2011, 09:22 PM
OD_nightster
Advanced

I just picked up a Mustang Vintage wide solo and pillion. I am amazed at it, quality and just how big of difference it made.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
HD-MC
Tourer

I look at the mustang but stop my choice between the 2 in my original post are the ones I like the best in term of look but now want input on comfort from riders that have them ont their bikes

Old 08-17-2011, 10:07 AM
cthagreekgod
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey HD-MC, Welcome aboard! I'm over in Ottawa, good to see some local guys on the forum.

I also wanted the same Danny Gray seat, but ended up buy th eDrag Specialties predator seat. The price was right and it aoffer much more support than the stock solo on my Street Bob. You're welcome to give it a shot sometime if you would like.

By the way, where did you get the pricing on the Danny Gray? I couldn't find it locally.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM
HD-MC
Tourer

Originally Posted by cthagreekgod
Hey HD-MC, Welcome aboard! I'm over in Ottawa, good to see some local guys on the forum.

I also wanted the same Danny Gray seat, but ended up buy th eDrag Specialties predator seat. The price was right and it aoffer much more support than the stock solo on my Street Bob. You're welcome to give it a shot sometime if you would like.

By the way, where did you get the pricing on the Danny Gray? I couldn't find it locally.

Nice to see another local, for the price I sent and email to Sherry@DannyGray.com (found the info on their site) and she sent me the price really good customer service I have to say. I'm really leaning toward the Danny gray seat just afraid I will get nailed at the border with duty that’s why I was looking at the HD from the dealer.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Garyk
Cruiser

Have you looked at a Mike Corbin seat?

Quick Reply: Help buying new seat