Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLD handlebar 2nd changeout

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FLD handlebar 2nd changeout

Folks, my recently purchased 12.5" chubby apes are trashing my shoulders. A little too tall and a little too spread out. I'm thinking of changing them out again already and would appreciate comments on these:

In the future, I believe HD or some other will offer a quick release batwing for the FLD, so this bar should still work when that happens too. Any thoughts?

These bars are $480! But sat on a cvo softtail convertable with these bars and it felt really good. They are 4" narrower than my apes and 1" shorter with a different angle on the hand placement.

Thanks,
FB

Attached Thumbnails FLD handlebar 2nd changeout-1011_hrbp_33_z-2011_harley_davidson_cvo_lineup-front_view.jpg  
Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry, but $480 for any handlebar is OUTRAGEOUS in my opinion. However, if you've got the money and they fit you right, GO FOR IT! They definitely look nice!

Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Sorry, but $480 for any handlebar is OUTRAGEOUS in my opinion. However, if you've got the money and they fit you right, GO FOR IT! They definitely look nice!
Definitely agree that it is an outrageous price especially since I just bought the apes. Always loved z bars but didn't think (until I saw them on a cvo) that z bars would look good on that fat front end. I messed up on the apes and hate to admit it, but I did. I moved too fast when I bought them.

These felt great when I sat on that CVO soft tail. The front end is almost identical to my FLD. Only gonna do this once more. I tried to get some feedback from that forum, but no one is responding so I thought I would try here... thanks for responding.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:48 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Just a thought.....
How long have you had your new apes on the bike? I take it you have not had apes before, so I would give them some time, you may be surprised.
Also, make sure you are not causing your shoulder pain by hunching up your back and neck.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:16 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
In the future, I believe HD or some other will offer a quick release batwing for the FLD
HD? No way will they ever offer a QR batwing for the FLD.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Gladiator72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your willing to spend that amount...
I would check with a local company to see if they can make some to your specs...
I would also give BR customs a call, great company to deal with... Beautiful work... You can give him your specs and they will build them for you...

Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrants82
HD? No way will they ever offer a QR batwing for the FLD.
You never know, they watch what's happening and if they see enough of it they just might jump in to get their share. They already have the molds, they just need to tweak it a bit and make brackets.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:47 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned

Originally Posted by ackman1968
You never know, they watch what's happening and if they see enough of it they just might jump in to get their share. They already have the molds, they just need to tweak it a bit and make brackets.
In some cases but in order for them to do it for the FLD they would have to get a few years under it's belt just to see if they keep it in the line up. Not sure that HD will ever sell a bolt on batwing though because of the unique look of the street glide. What about the RK and Heritage that have been around for years? Why haven't they done it for them? Bottom line is that I highly doubt the switchback will be a part of the lineup in a few years and I also doubt that HD would make a detachable dyna specific batwing for it that would undercut the uniqueness of the streetglide.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Why worry about HD selling one? Plenty of aftermarket sources for batwings, so not likely HD will add to that. Since it basically has a fat boy front end, should be easy enough to make something work.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...STF-Parts.aspx

Old 09-10-2011, 09:53 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned

Originally Posted by 8541hog
Why worry about HD selling one? Plenty of aftermarket sources for batwings, so not likely HD will add to that. Since it basically has a fat boy front end, should be easy enough to make something work.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...STF-Parts.aspx
Absolutely.

Quick Reply: FLD handlebar 2nd changeout