Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Siren today on the factory security system

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 12:41 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HolePuncher
And he farts in his sleep. Don't ask me how I know this.

edit: Actually, it may have been coming from Archers tent now that I think about it.

lol!! It was an annoying A**hole siren that gave off a little stinky for the bad guys.

Last edited by JaronB; 09-18-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:44 AM
HolePuncher
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
That could have been that Fireball I was drinking... was there intermittent glowing inside the tent with the audible? .... LOL
That stuff is heartburn in a bottle. Can't believe you two finished it. So have you been thinking of a run in your area after Oysterfest?

Old 09-18-2011, 12:48 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

But in all seriousness... lol .... if you're concerned and live in a high crime area where you would want a siren... how you gonna tell it apart from all the others going off? Like I said... pager is better. Besides, the 'bad guys' aren't going to try and start the bike... their gonna strip your baby down and sell the parts... and chop the frame into itty bitty pieces...

Old 09-18-2011, 12:51 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

That stuff is heartburn in a bottle. Can't believe you two finished it. So have you been thinking of a run in your area after Oysterfest?
LoL... yeah it almost was ...

Was thinking more in the spring.... after Oyster... weather is gonna get dicey around here I think, and we'd be stuck trying to stay in the low altitude roads... so riding would be a bit short I think.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:52 AM
HolePuncher
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JaronB
lol!! It was an annoying A**hole siren that gave off a little stinky for the bad guys.
LOL, that stinky siren is bad news in a tent. Hey Jaron, was it you that took my sig pic? I seem to remember you hanging a camera overhead while we were coming down 97. If so, thanks, it's my favorite pic of my bike.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:57 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL, that stinky siren is bad news in a tent. Hey Jaron, was it you that took my sig pic? I seem to remember you hanging a camera overhead while we were coming down 97. If so, thanks, it's my favorite pic of my bike.
Yup that was I and you're welcome!!

Old 09-18-2011, 01:05 AM
HolePuncher
Cruiser

weather is gonna get dicey around here I think,
I'm cool with dicey, as long as there's no snow or ice on the ground and it isn't raining sideways. Cool weather camping and a fire are so much better than sweating it out. I was thinking of running up the grade to Genesee/Juliaetta/Kendrick/Asahka to some campground near Dworshak and then Orofino/Grangemont/Pierce/Weippe and back to camp on Saturday. Just an idea. I just want to bike camp once more before the snow falls. After that the '67 Land Rover comes out and full-on winter camping is on.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:12 AM
HolePuncher
Cruiser

SteveDyna, I'd like to make a formal apology for us NWsters stealing your thread. Seriously, welcome to the HDForums. You will make some good friends here and there is a wealth of knowledge you won't find anywhere else. This is a good bunch of guys and gals. You just need to not take ANYTHING personally and just roll with the flow! You're in for a ride, and it's well worth the cost of admission.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:51 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SteveDyna, I'd like to make a formal apology for us NWsters stealing your thread. Seriously, welcome to the HDForums. You will make some good friends here and there is a wealth of knowledge you won't find anywhere else. This is a good bunch of guys and gals. You just need to not take ANYTHING personally and just roll with the flow! You're in for a ride, and it's well worth the cost of admission.

Awl Shoot!
Kinda makes ya all warm and fuzzy on the inside, don't it.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:46 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

But in all seriousness... lol .... if you're concerned and live in a high crime area where you would want a siren... how you gonna tell it apart from all the others going off? Like I said... pager is better. Besides, the 'bad guys' aren't going to try and start the bike... their gonna strip your baby down and sell the parts... and chop the frame into itty bitty pieces...
I do not live in a high crime area, but I do park in one from time to time. The siren, IMO, does not sound like your normal siren from a car alarm. I have the pager as well, though I rarely carry it. Originally, when I decided to install the alarm, I also had to park my bike outside in front of my house. A friend had someone ****** his bike right out of his driveway and I decided I wanted to reduce the chance of that happening.....with the bonus of annoying people that do not like sirens

Quick Reply: Installed Siren today on the factory security system