Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&S Teardrop, how big is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 10:35 AM
O-Town D
Road Master
Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
"I currently have a Screamin Eagle kit on my bike, but I really like the S&S kit for the CV Carb that I have. I think it would look tough powdered gloss black."
My S&S rattle-canned in gloss and texture - not exactly pc, but pretty much the same effect....

~

Old 10-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by USMAMule
Foxster: You didn't by any chance have a Heavy Breather as one of teh A/C solutions before you settled on S&S by any chance did you?
No. I think they are fugly. They stick out too far and look more like plumbing than a motorcycle part. IMHO.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:48 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
No. I think they are fugly. They stick out too far and look more like plumbing than a motorcycle part. IMHO.
LOL... That's good. And I have to say though I don't 100% agree with your assessment most of the time I think the right angle pipe looks way big. If someone made a velocity stack for a EFI bike I'd just go that direction. Maybe someone does but I haven't been able to find one.

USMAMule

Last edited by USMAMule; 10-09-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:57 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O-Town D
My S&S rattle-canned in gloss and texture - not exactly pc, but pretty much the same effect....

~
That looks so right.......I will be sending a load of parts in for powder and will definitely fit one of these up and include that in the parts to be black powdered box!

Old 01-14-2012, 04:25 PM
duallydondon
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&S air cleaner

I am planning to put an S&S air cleaner for various reasons, first I do not want to fool anyone that I have an S&S carb, second I simply like the way it looks, and third just want to use generic paper filters, use them and toss them,,can not see paying 60 plus dollars for filters that I have to oil etc,,,just my two cents worth

Old 01-16-2012, 04:40 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Did everything fit well with that setup? Thats the combo I have been thinking about myself.
I got the Mikuni HSR 42 Easy kit that comes with an adapter to fit a cv air cleaner set up to the mikuni carb.
I then purchased an S&S air cleaner kit for a c v carb and it bolted right up with the supplied adapter from mikuni. I loved it . The mikuni ran great and the air cleaner looked great and worked even better. I liked it because it sits closer to the manifold and is more comfortable . It was a great set up.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:45 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
I like the performance of the S.E. heavy breather and kind of dig the look. its just different and kind of industrial looking to me. Plus I got it on ebay new for a hideous sum really cheap.

I ran an S&S air cleaner on my last bike. I would not hesitate to use one again . With a KN filter or one comparable they work excellent. I ran one on a mikuni carb and loved it.

If I hadn't found the SE for so cheap I would still be running an S&S air cleaner. If the way my knee sticks around the S.E. ever starts giving me trouble I will be using the S&S again. My right knee turns in because of CP and my legs are definitely on the tight side. S&S was a very comfortable fit.