Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Bike won't start - fuel injection problem? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/697490-bike-wont-start-fuel-injection-problem.html)

boutellepc 10-12-2011 04:54 PM

there is also a fuel pressure check valve attached to the fuel pump. if it is bad you won't hear the pump but should see air buuble in the tank if you take the fuel cap off and look inside. that's all i got. hope it helps. good luck.

SIDECAR BOB 10-12-2011 10:25 PM

+1 on the fuel pump relay, just had one go out on a ultra , no fuel and no spark either, new relay fixed it

Crash Davis 10-13-2011 06:16 PM

Bike is fixed, and runs! Thanks to RobertJ and Sidecar Bob - you guys were spot on. I went to the dealer, and bought a system and starter relay (they were only $8 a piece). Good thing I bought both; I replaced the system relay (grey one) and there was no change. Replaced the starter relay (black one) and when I switched to run the pump whined as it should, and started right up when I pressed the starter!

I love it when a fix is simple and inexpensive. This forum is great! I'll be riding the scoot to work tomorrow!

missedem 10-15-2011 07:26 PM

Good information thanks everyone.

jamman 10-15-2011 08:37 PM

crank postion sensor, wont keep your bike from starting , ikt'll just run like crap and throw a 373 code.. kudos on the relay info guys..

clicker01 10-15-2011 10:14 PM

Awesome! I just filed this away for the day I might need it. I wonder if these relays can be verified with a multi-meter... well, I'm sure they can. Time to whip out the manual.

Carsten 04-14-2012 04:04 AM

Have the same problem on my 2009 FXDC and just found that thread. On my way to the shop now to buy the relays...hope it helps...about to lose the plot...

Spud17 04-14-2012 04:09 AM

I had the same problem after I got my bike dealer didnt have one on hand. I went to a auto parts store its just a generic relay I think it only cost like 4 or 5 bucks. I noticed at one time that water had filled up the cover, guessing who ever had the bike before power washed it and the water would sit inside of the fuse cover.

markkoby 04-14-2012 07:10 AM

I had the same problem, but I found out by finding the fault codes on my speedo gauge. I replaced it with a new system relay and all was good till last week the bike would not start. I took the relay out and shock it, replaced it and bike started up sraigt away. I pulled on apart and looks very simple but could be designed to be more reliable.

Carsten 04-14-2012 11:37 AM

Got back from the dealer and put the 2 new relays in. Turned the ignition and I could here a familiar petrol pump noise (normally it irritates me, but this time it was lovely). Pressed the start button and my baby came alive ! Probably only one of the relays broken, but I replaced them both...

Thanks for your help guys !!! Bye the way....here in Norway they were $18 each...