Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Bike won't start - fuel injection problem? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/697490-bike-wont-start-fuel-injection-problem.html)

'11 SGC rootbeer 05-29-2013 10:28 PM

Just read this. I was gettin pissed off. No fuel pump, no start......This bike has 10,000kms and it won't start? Started doing it randomly last couple of rides but always started after a few tries. then this last time wouldn't start. Ir is In the garage at least.

Took relays out, both had a bit of rusty residue on them. Gave them a tap on the floor and blew on them....Put them back in and..... pump, fire, road test.

Yesssss!!!!!!!!! Thank god it isn't a major and that people have posted and shared their experience. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

rshaw25 02-18-2014 04:38 PM

You guys da best. Smacking the relays around worked. I'll have to get new ones but happy that's it

Peter Ertel 12-26-2016 06:32 PM

My 2008 883 won't start either, but I do hear the fuel pump run to pressure.I think it's electrical because it's full of gas, starts (but doesn't continue) when squrited, and happened all of a sudden.Fues and relay are OK.

1957buick 12-26-2016 06:54 PM

look in the tank when pump comes on see if there is fuel squirting inside the tank if so you have a hole in fuel line it may cough but not run , my 08 ultra did this to me

bic 12-26-2016 07:09 PM

What do you mean when you say starts (but doesn't continue). Do you mean that it cranks but does not start.

Peter Ertel 12-26-2016 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by bic (Post 15783964)
What do you mean when you say starts (but doesn't continue). Do you mean that it cranks but does not start.

Runs until the gas squirted in the throttle body is used up.

bic 12-26-2016 08:47 PM

do you have any codes

Peter Ertel 12-27-2016 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by bic (Post 15784149)
do you have any codes

Yes, "PO 152"

bic 12-27-2016 12:24 PM

P0152 Rear O2
sensor high (rich)
ma

Robby999us 06-18-2017 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Crash Davis (Post 8921845)
I have a 2007 Street Bob with ~sigh~ only 7500 miles. Last weekend the weather was beautiful and I was going to get some miles on the scoot, but it wouldn't start. When I turn on the ignition and flip the switch to run, I don't hear the usual whine of the fuel pump.

The usual lights come on and the bike turns over strong, but won't start. I figure it's because it is not getting any fuel. I'm really hoping there is an easy solution, and I don't have to replace the pump. I checked my fuses and they all look fine. I replaced the fuse for the EFI with the spare just to be sure, but it didn't make a difference. (And yes, I have the start switch in the 'run' position!)

I searched the forums, figuring someone else had to have the same problem but no luck. Is there anything else I should be checking, or do I have to suck it up and get my bike to the dealer?

Hello Crash Davis, have you fixed the problem with your fuel system ? I have exactly the same problem with my 2003 Heritage softail. I am also missing the wining noice from the fuel pump and she won't start. Would be great to hear from you how things are going.
Best Robby