Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Vibration Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 PM
sata6
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dynas have issues with the front motor mount get it checked.

Old 08-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Drexor69
Tourer

This worked for me...

Old 08-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Buzzardbait
Advanced

I had BAD vibration issues when i first got my used 06 superglide a few months ago. It was running LEAN so thay downloaded a 1550 map into it and that smoothed it out a bit. then i had it dynoed and the motor mounts changed. A lean running motor can be a vibration monster!

Well...it still vibrates, but now its what i would call a normal harley vibration...HOWEVER... it is cantankerous in that you may be in 6th at 70 mph and its smooth as silk one minute.....downshift.. pas a car.... up**** back to 6th at 70 again and its vibrating worse....

They didn't give me a copy of my map (a problem which i am trying to resolve) so i can;t tell where they have the o2 sensor reference voltage set at, but, i'm thinkin its set to produce stoich (14.7 or so) and THATS whats causing some of the vibration.

I'm gonna salp the Dyn OiED's back on it and see if it smooths it out.. if so.. i will have to get the copy of my map from the stealer expitied so i can go in there and bump up the o2 ref's

Old 08-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Know1
6th Gear
Default word

I agree with Z, but that being said you shouldn't be getting the excessive vibes you described. I have a 2000 Dyna , and even with my high bars the mirrors never get fuzzy.
Sumpin ain't right.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:22 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI......all the 07 Dyna models are set up to run LEAN by the Factory.... to meet the new EPA standards imposed by the Feds. That's another reason people are complaining about the massive amounts of excessive heat coming off the engine and their legs burning up. I cant imagine folks out in the western states, in the summer riding Dyna's in traffic. I suspect in 5 years, we'll be hearing about engine problems from the lean mixture settings and heat.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,341 Likes on 2,368 Posts

Have thought about having a second dealer looking at it, one thing that hasn't been mentioned is a tire issue up front. Possibly out of balance or out of round. DougsDyna has some good points also. Maybe you have a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon bike.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
johnebb
Intermediate

I have a 2006 Super Glide with the same set up you have. SE11 pipes and air filter with ecm download from dealer. My bike vibrated as bad as what you are describing and my mirrors were useless. I got a pc111 fuel tuner and one of the unexpected benefits was the curing of my vibration problems. I can actually use my mirrors now. I guess my bike was just bad out of tune because it is very smooth now.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Rnemhrd
Cruiser

My 07 Streetbob has the SERT and Vance and Hines short shots, A new front isolator and has been remapped' and I shimmed the front isolator. I have the same problem Buzzardbait has in 6th gear but it fees rough most of the time 75 to 90. It never smooths out. Great in every other gear now.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:53 PM
hall1836
Cruiser

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts
Default vibration

Had the same problem, had the wheels balanced(which were really bad), aligned the motor and tightened a loose front mount, now WAY better! A windshield can also ontribute to vibration, especially the HD quick disconnect which places the windshield in front of the light.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:53 PM
dagolegacy
Stage I

My dyna vibrates when I rev the engine. It seem like it is vibrating hard in the *** end. When I ride down the road, I can feel the vibration. What can it be? I have changed both mounts and doesn't seem to help. The back one I put Helo coils in them because I overtorked it. Should I just replace the rear again? Tires are up but because of the salt air, they are showing cracking. Not crazy but some. Should I also replace the tires?

Quick Reply: Dyna Vibration Problem