Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying harley fatbob advice(new member)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

That's a Good Deal! Don't let it pass. Also, I'm calling Bullshit on them discontinuing the Fat Bob. In my area, they don't seem to sit on the floor very long. I'd say plunk down the cash and then after you've ridden it...try and wipe that silly smile off your face....You will not be disappointed (especially if you were going to buy a Street Bob). No disrespect to the Street Bob, but I feel the Fat Bob is a bit of an upgrade... My $.02

Old 01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
Ganooch
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have one piece of advice and you can take it or leave it. If you don't buy the bike you want, you will spend a long time wishing that you had the other bike. Regardless of the deal, if you want a Street Bob, get a Street Bob. Don't get a Fat Bob because it is cheaper.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:12 PM
fatbob09.rbh
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can't go wrong with that price and btw, whenever I throw my leg over my '09, I can't stop smiling!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Napoli
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a streetbob. Thats what you want right? Dont wanna regret it do you? Central texas harley has a used one right now for 11k with 5k miles.

Last edited by Napoli; 01-31-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sallenthornton
He purchased the bike new in 2009 from a dealership in New Brunfels(sp), Texas and paid over 17,000.00 out the door. He owes 10,200 and just wants to get out of the loan. Our riding season is very short and he would rather have a couple of snow machines. It's a clean unmolested bike and I don't want to over pay. I see 10-11 year old bike going for that price. Yikes!

The riding season in New Braunfels, TX is LONG! Snow machine?? :P I guess, even though the bike was bought new there, it's not currently living there.

I got a similar deal from a guy in Waco, TX on my Wide Glide. I picked it up last year for what he still owed on the loan minus a couple more bucks. Of course, it was exactly what I was looking for, so there was no way I was letting it get away.

Last edited by Steel Steed; 01-31-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:04 AM
Sallenthornton
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Appreciate the responses. It has helped with my decision. I am going to buy it for the asking price of 10,200. Although my original intent was to buy the streetbob, it looks like the fatbob is the better deal. And I a always about the better deal. Besides... If and when I decide to sell it, maybe I can recoup some of my investment.

Has there been any major issues with these bikes? Recalls? My background is more sport bike as opposed to v-twin. And I really need to ensure that I have done my homework before plunking down thousands of dollars on a bike with no warranty.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Sallenthornton
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Napoli
Buy a streetbob. Thats what you want right? Dont wanna regret it do you? Central texas harley has a used one right now for 11k with 5k miles.
I would love to buy a bike in the lower 48! There have been some sweet deals on these forums. Unfortunately I live in Fairbanks, Alaska and having a bike shipped here would be a hassle.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:34 AM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I also originally wanted a Street Bob and found a great deal on the Fat Bob. I don't regret getting it all. I love my bike and I kind of like the fact that I don't see as many of them on the road as I see FXDBs. Wouldn't mind getting that Street Bob, too, one day.

On the price ... At the moment, Cycle Trader has 34 2009 FXDFs listed with 5,000-10,000 miles on them. The asking prices range from $11,300 to $16,000. The center of gravity on price looks to be between $13,500 and $14,000. Adjusting for goodies, looks like you are getting a nice deal.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Fuzzman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I did mention like the rest, it is a good deal. Sorry for not reading the entire post. If you want a street bob, get a street bob. Don't buy something you don't really want, just because of the deal your going to get. I love my fb, but it is also the bike I wanted. Wait man, and find you a sb. Just 2 more cents

Old 02-01-2012, 07:44 AM
DTDK
Road Captain

from what it sounds like, this bike is a good deal, and will hold its value, around here dealers will give you blue book retail value when you trade a bike in and in some circumstances maybe even a little more. you could buy that bike and trade it in on a brand new street bob, or if you were around here, the kelly value of that fatbob is more then they are asking for a black line softail brand new.

If i was looking only for a street bob and came upon that, I would be sorely tempted to pick it up and swap the rear fender, tail light, headlight, and handle bars. You would have the look you like, and at the end of the day a bike worth more then a comparable street bob. So if i were in your position, and i could afford to pay cash for it, I would do it, and make it the way i like it. Also you could probably come out close to even on the parts changes after you sell the take off parts.

I personally dont like the look of any of the either of the newer bobs all that much, the rear fenders on both kill them for me. and that is why i picked up my 07 also it was about 1500 under book, and had 1500 worth of accessories i would have bought anyways already on it, and under 6k miles.

Quick Reply: Buying harley fatbob advice(new member)