Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLD Switchback Wish List Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Saphira
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FLD Switchback Wish List Update

In a previous post I asked what accessories/parts you wanted for your SB. I provided our wish list to my HD dealership contact who carried the list to the HD dealers show last week. Today I spoke my HD contact who hand-delivered our FLD wishlist to the power that be at the dealer show. He said that two MOCO reps were very impressed by our efforts and with the fact that we reduced our wishes in a common list. He said HD wants more "customer" input. I was told that in one or two weeks I would receive a telephone call from one of the two MOCO reps to provide input about the SB. Since this was and is a group project for round two I am asking for your input.

Below is a list of questions I think he may ask but please feel free to add your own question(s) to the list. Remember we have already told the MOCO rep what accessories/parts we want so do not add a question about those two items.

Please answer each question AND provide a basis for your answer. For example: Q: What do you like best about the SB? A: I like the fact that the bike comes with both a windshield and saddlebags since the SB will be my "touring" bike.

I will compile your responses and wait for the telephone call. If the MOCO rep fails to ask any of the questions we have addressed I will raise the question myself. So, here are my assumed questions.

1. What one thing do you like the best about the SB?
2. What one thing do like the least about the SB?
3. What would you like to see changed on the SB (list with explanations)?
4. If you could change one thing on the SB what would it be?
5. What colors should be offered for the SB?
6. What made you purchase the SB?
7. What problems have you experienced?

Those are the questions I can think of for now. I will need your input no later than February 8th as they may call within a couple of days after returning from the dealer show.

I will compile and post the proposed final list on February 7th. I will revise the list on the 8th and wait for the call.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:07 PM
jamman
Road Master

Originally Posted by Saphira

1. Fl front end..
2. polished alum instead of chrome
3. see 2.
4. see 2.
5. two tones
6. Fl front end, quick detach stuff, 103
7. a. split o ring behind oil pump , causing motor to sump oil into crankcase
b. junk gas guage (still not fixed)
c. shrinking gasket on saddle bag lid, also way lid fits..( still not fixed)
d.vibration around 3k

Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 AM
wyldspirit
Tourer

1. FL front end
2. Hard bags
3. (a) Like Jam said the limited chrome instead of the polished aluminum
(b) FL accessory drive lights
(c) Larger bags or the availbility of having Hard Leather instead
4. larger bags that can actually hold something
5. Two tone or aleast have more than 3 BASIC colors or even have some pin stripping to break up the color
6. FL front end, performance of the Dyna vs the Softtails/touring, 103in engine
7. Just noticed this the other day... front forks want to bottom out on bumpy roads, left hard bag lower suport the bag coupler does not seat all the way like it should, small amount of vibs between 2800 to 3200 rpms
Most likely more just can't thnk of any right now

Old 02-05-2012, 08:47 AM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please answer each question AND provide a basis for your answer. For example: Q: What do you like best about the SB? A: I like the fact that the bike comes with both a windshield and saddlebags since the SB will be my "touring" bike.

I will compile and post the proposed final list on February 7th. I will revise the list on the 8th and wait for the call.
1. Two things: handling and performance
2. Two again: bags and front springs
3. change the marketing, wish they worked for me so I could fire them
change out out the front springs and bags
4. The bags
5. Merlot and two-tone options
6. It's convertibility, fat front end, handling, free windshield and bags
7. Front end suspension (springs)
It's a great bike, fix those two main things and give us some options for mods.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:45 AM
SwitchHD
Road Captain
Default Update

In a previous post I asked what accessories/parts you wanted for your SB. I provided our wish list to my HD dealership contact who carried the list to the HD dealers show last week. Today I spoke my HD contact who hand-delivered our FLD wishlist to the power that be at the dealer show. He said that two MOCO reps were very impressed by our efforts and with the fact that we reduced our wishes in a common list. He said HD wants more "customer" input. I was told that in one or two weeks I would receive a telephone call from one of the two MOCO reps to provide input about the SB. Since this was and is a group project for round two I am asking for your input.

Below is a list of questions I think he may ask but please feel free to add your own question(s) to the list. Remember we have already told the MOCO rep what accessories/parts we want so do not add a question about those two items.

I will compile your responses and wait for the telephone call. If the MOCO rep fails to ask any of the questions we have addressed I will raise the question myself. So, here are my assumed questions.

Those are the questions I can think of for now. I will need your input no later than February 8th as they may call within a couple of days after returning from the dealer show.

1. Quick, responsive handling+power
2. Lack of dual disc brakes up front
3. Addition of dual discs up front
4. Stronger braking
5. They got the colors right
6. "Dual purpose" idea, overall look, fat front end on Dyna frame+Nacelle headlamp
7. "Clunky" front end suspension, discovered steering bearings were "really loose," + vibration esp at high speed/rpms

Old 02-05-2012, 12:13 PM
NTrain177
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. dyna with hard bags
2. small bags and gas tank, bags should be full sized tank should be a true 5 gal not 4.7
3. same as #2
4. same as #2 but also change front and rear spring rates so it rides more like a touring bike and mayabe offer a air shock option from the factory also could put that together with a chrome package?
5. would like to see that nice new dark blue and maybe that rootbeer brown color and a silver/black two tone and a silver blue two tone.
6. lite touring bike and the "switchback" effect.
7. bags make a lot of noise at idle and seems like front brake could be stronger

Old 02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
wyldspirit
Tourer

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal
1. Two things: handling and performance
2. Two again: bags and front springs
3. change the marketing, wish they worked for me so I could fire them
change out out the front springs and bags
4. The bags
5. Merlot and two-tone options
6. It's convertibility, fat front end, handling, free windshield and bags
7. Front end suspension (springs)
It's a great bike, fix those two main things and give us some options for mods.
Damn Bob I figured you would the first lol

Old 02-05-2012, 03:12 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wyldspirit
Damn Bob I figured you would the first lol
LOL John,
I'm really settling in on this since getting it back yesterday. Man, what a difference full pipes and springs make. I am just lovin the hell out of it right now. Put a total of 245 miles on it since yesterday and loved every mile.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:04 PM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

1. The overall design. It appeals to me. Its different from the rest...Keep that

2. Lack of cruise as add on or option. Its a cruiser meant for long distance, I'm averaging 1k a month, I'd really like to have cruise as an option I can install.

3. More options: You gave us bags but no source for a similar trunk/fairing. Yeah its smaller then a big tourer, but were riding them and need someplace to keep the stuff the small saddle bags don't hold. Oh I like that all to still be removable because after all its a Switchback.

4. Less polished aluminum. More chrome. Thats the only question I get and I can't answer. Why did they cheap out on the chrome?

5. If I'm ordering a bike from Harley I think all Harley colors should be an option!! I'm spending a lot of money and your able to change colors by order so why isn't that an option??

6. Saw it a the plant in Kansas City and fell in love......My first Harley maybe not my last but definately a great fit. I was searching for a long distance cruiser that was comfortable to get back into riding with.

7, Problems: Front brake, exhaust, vibration. My front brake was spongy from day one. Dealer finally replaced front Master Cylinder at 5200 miles problem fixed. Exhaust bolt broke during a 1200 mile ride causing trans dip stick to come loose. Luckily caught before it went dry by passing motorist in a cage. Dealer fixed at 5200 miles. Vibration is really bad between 2850-3100 rpms. NO FIX YET! I try and keep it out this range.

I'm willing to ride it back to Kansas City if you'd like to see it. Overall I'm still in LOVE with it.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Saphira
Tourer

These comments are great! Keep them coming.

Quick Reply: FLD Switchback Wish List Update