Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Dyna Glide Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models-9/)
-   -   Switchback Accessories (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-glide-models/736206-switchback-accessories.html)

2/4 RAR 02-22-2012 06:04 AM

Switchback Accessories

I have a 2012 FLD Switchback. I have recently fitted the front fender chrome trim and strips (Front) off a Softail Delux and they are a perfect fit.:D I am looking at fitting the chrome trim from a Road King on the rear end of the front fender. Can anyone tell if it will be a perfect match? I suppose what I am asking is do the Switchback and late model have the same front fenders?:confused: My local Australian HD dealer can't tell me.

1HD1C 02-22-2012 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by 2/4 RAR (Post 9427173)
I have a 2012 FLD Switchback. I have recently fitted the front fender chrome trim and strips (Front) off a Softail Delux and they are a perfect fit.:D I am looking at fitting the chrome trim from a Road King on the rear end of the front fender. Can anyone tell if it will be a perfect match? I suppose what I am asking is do the Switchback and late model have the same front fenders?:confused: My local Australian HD dealer can't tell me.

i can tell you from first hand experience that NO it will not work,

FBinSoCal 02-22-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2/4 RAR (Post 9427173)

I looked into all kinds of all kinds of options on existing fender trim together with a local custom builder, none of it works right so far.
We need a company with a CNC machine to make some new ones up. Something unique and different from anything we've seen so far.
Maybe something razor-cut but not overdone.
A 21st century design with an underlying 60's vibe would do it for me.

bundy bruiser 02-22-2012 10:43 PM

Hey 2/4 RAR please post up some pics
I was thinking of doing something like that

2/4 RAR 02-23-2012 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by FBinSoCal (Post 9428881)
I looked into all kinds of all kinds of options on existing fender trim together with a local custom builder, none of it works right so far.
We need a company with a CNC machine to make some new ones up. Something unique and different from anything we've seen so far.
Maybe something razor-cut but not overdone.
A 21st century design with an underlying 60's vibe would do it for me.

Well I can confirm that the Front Fender Tip (59019-05) and the Trim Kit (59209-91T) off a Softail Delux definitely does work exactly as I have fitted it.:icon_cool:

2/4 RAR 02-23-2012 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by bundy bruiser (Post 9430931)

Bundy ..... I'll post a couple of pics in the morning.

FBinSoCal 02-23-2012 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2/4 RAR (Post 9431263)
Well I can confirm that the Front Fender Tip (59019-05) and the Trim Kit (59209-91T) off a Softail Delux definitely does work exactly as I have fitted it.:icon_cool:

Cool, looking forward to pics. Obviously, we didn't try what you did then.
We even tried cutting a couple of them to try and make them fit. I think most were from a RK though. they all were just a little off.

2/4 RAR 02-23-2012 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by bundy bruiser (Post 9430931)

Bundy, I have added a few photos to 'My Albums' shown in my profile.

bundy bruiser 02-23-2012 08:01 PM

Cheers Mate, looking good might have to do that.
What did it cost for the fender trim?

FBinSoCal 02-23-2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2/4 RAR (Post 9434146)
Bundy, I have added a few photos to 'My Albums' shown in my profile.

That looks great and appears to fit really good too.
Wakes that fender up nicely.

I asked what we tried, it was all kuryakyn. I also thought it was various aftermarket road king trim. I stand corrected for my earlier post about it not working. Obviously, hd trim IS working.

Congrats on the new fld, RAR.