Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best exhaust/intake/tuner combo for my 07superglide

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ynots
go for the look you want. 2 into 1's are great for delivering increased mid range torque where a lot of people spend there time. They also are known for delivering a deeper tone without being overly obnoxious
what he said. I have the Big Radius 2:1 and I am very pleased with. T-max tuner with Heavy Breather intake.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Gusus79
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks again everybody. I think im gonna go with the 2-1 big radius for pipes and do some more reading for intake and tuner to see what will give me the coolest runnin temps fortrips over the mountains.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Joker_Hal
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gusus, I've got the same problem you do. This is my first Harley and the first time I've put on a new exhaust. There are just so many options out there, it's hard to know what is the right combination.

For exhaust, I'm it's a toss up between V&H double barrel Q series and Cobra ProPro 2-into-1 Exhaust. I've been on YouTube listening to bikes with them installed. But it is hard to tell how loud they are from a video. Another problem is I didn't see any Harleys with cobras 2-into-1 and the rice burners all sounded different.

Last edited by Joker_Hal; 03-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Joker_Hal
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gusus79
Thanks again everybody. I think im gonna go with the 2-1 big radius for pipes and do some more reading for intake and tuner to see what will give me the coolest runnin temps fortrips over the mountains.

Check out the Dynojet Power commander V, from the write up, it sounds like what you want it to do. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/pcv.htm

Old 03-05-2012, 10:33 AM
rjheff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Arlen Big Sucker, V-H ProPipe 2-1 and VH Fuel Pak.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:42 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

It is not that simple, IMHO. There is no magic bullet. The best is different for everyone. Money no object, find the best tuning shop in your area and do what they recommend. They will probably ask you how much money you want to spend. You left out cam changes, which is a common mod for those looking for much better performance.

If you don't want to spend the money, then you are looking at compromises. The best compromise for you may be completely different than someone else. Are you willing to learn EFI tuning, if so there are tuning devices like the TTS kit that allow you to tune and tweak to your heart content and do a 98% job, and have a real nice long range cruising bike. You need to make sure the pipes you buy have proper O2 sensor placement, something V&H is known to ignore.

Generally 2-1 pipes provide more low end torque but there are also mid range holes. A free flow filter will only make a difference above 5000 rpm.

Fuel moto has some good stuff, but they don't necessarily have the best products for you.
Anyway spend some time reading about pipes and air filters and cams and tuners to get an idea what is available and what is the benefit to you, raw power or a smooth running reliable machine. There are more technically oriented forums to visit if you want a wider set of opinions.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 PM
BCKNBLK
Tourer

I have the SE open air intake, V&H 3" slash cut slip ons and Fuelpak and my FXDC runs great. Lots of different options out there. I spent MONTHS researching different options and the good thing is that in my opinion there is no right or wrong combo - it's what works best for you and gives you what you want that is most important.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gusus79
look for tuners with the autotune capability. They will be able to adjust for the lean conditions you will experience and adjust back on their own when you come back down.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

if you want form over fashion, take a look at the 2-1's, thunderheader, d&d fatcat, bassani, vance and hines, etc......

Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I'm running the TTS Mastertune, with BR2-1, and my own intake. I've never been in any circumstance where the bike got hot... good mileage, good power...