Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see your fuel tuner install!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 11:00 PM
onemyndseye
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Well it really isn't that complicated onemynd, but I was too busy swearing to get actual pictures!

Oh i know... Mainly I wanted to see where people had stashed em. Will have mine in soon so the fun may begin lol

Old 03-06-2012, 06:43 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxod
The "Under the ECM" method may work on an '05 and back, but with a newer 09-up Street Bob with the OEM run/brake/signal module....it aint happening with a PCIII or FuelMoto Tuner.....best way to mount the PCIII/FuelMoto tuner is exactly how Rainmkr did it, put some dielectric grease in the connectors to keep them dry and you will be fine...........If you have a PCV or FuelPak (POS) they fit fine under the seat......Ive had all of these tuners, so I know
I have had them all too, that is why I don't anymore and have the ThunderMax

Old 03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Bspike1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I have had them all too, that is why I don't anymore and have the ThunderMax

what he said. only hard part is trimming the electrical caddy with a dremel. It goes in place of the factory ECM.

Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 AM
HDHornet
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxod
The "Under the ECM" method may work on an '05 and back, but with a newer 09-up Street Bob with the OEM run/brake/signal module....it aint happening with a PCIII or FuelMoto Tuner.....best way to mount the PCIII/FuelMoto tuner is exactly how Rainmkr did it, put some dielectric grease in the connectors to keep them dry and you will be fine...........If you have a PCV or FuelPak (POS) they fit fine under the seat......Ive had all of these tuners, so I know
My PCV connectors fit perfectly under the ecm, no issues with water, here's a video that may help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Gu_Df268c

Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Bspike1
what he said. only hard part is trimming the electrical caddy with a dremel. It goes in place of the factory ECM.

I heard from Zippers that the new TMax fits without modifying the caddy, but have not seen one yet.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:43 AM
NoMax
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine looks like a black Power Vision box on the shelf in the garage. hooked it up, flashed ECM with new map, put it back in the box and started riding!!

Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mang0
I have tried to enrichen it with the closed loop bias tables, but in the end i always seem to go back to this map--seems to run the best for me ...so far. Have used this for the past two years and like the seat of the pants feel. I made these changes based on reading through what seemed like thousands of posts on the subject, and cant recall the specific reasons at this point. However, i just replaced my stock baffles with VH quiet baffles, and will be starting all over again with smart tunes this spring.

You may already know this, but I think the late SESPT tunes to 14.7 regardless of what you tell it. There are work arounds documented in several threads.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
You may already know this, but I think the late SESPT tunes to 14.7 regardless of what you tell it. There are work arounds documented in several threads.
Not in my experience. I have several dyno tuning sessions that I've done on my Fat Bob with AFR readings and the only time I've ever read close to 14.7 was at the beginning when it was untouched and even then that was only in closed loop, it was much richer in open loop, ~12.3 to 13.2.

Once tuned I didn't have a single reading near 14.7, even in closed loop.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:33 AM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
What do you mean by "late" SESPT?

Old 03-08-2012, 05:56 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I should have mentioned that the smart tune feature of SEPST will often ignor your input (as been noticed by dozens of dyno operators). I also need to stop fat fingering SEPST into SESPT, but "late" is after the addition of smart tune.

Quick Reply: Lets see your fuel tuner install!