Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cams Dyno tune fxdb Done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 08:22 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 05-14-2012, 09:16 AM
DoubleZ
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Thanks for the useless smartass response, but I already know how to google an have done plenty of it on numerous cam options. I was asking specifically about his build not everyone else's since I haven't been able to find an example with R&R heads. Really not sure what that question had to do with you.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:41 AM
boston joe
Advanced

Ya bud I have to copy it and upload it on the laptop copy my parts for sure ull be happy just don't get caught up in the bullshnit of high numbers u want 120 plus go with a 117 and up I'll post the dyno when u get a chnace

Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleZ
Thanks for the useless smartass response, but I already know how to google an have done plenty of it on numerous cam options. I was asking specifically about his build not everyone else's since I haven't been able to find an example with R&R heads. Really not sure what that question had to do with you.
Smartass responses are just one service I offer.

The curve for those cams should be the same regardless because the grind on the cams aren't changing. Make sense?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:06 AM
DoubleZ
Tourer

Boston - thanks that's a big help and I totally agree with you about the numbers it's improvement over stock that I care about not what a particular dyno reads as peak numbers.

Sc- ya I know what your saying. Like I said I just wanted a real world example of a build that is pretty much identical to why I had in mind

Old 07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
JBarber
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Rmuller
no baffle pro pipe is a must!! Without one you will be around 88 hp 92tq.

And your tuner has to spent the time on it!! I have seen other 577 bikes that suck b/c of bad tune and bad pipes! ( no low end )

This bike comes on strong and pulls all the way to the top. 3rd and 4th gear roll on through mountains is unreal fun!.
Rmuller, I have sangers doing a bunch of work to my 2011 streetglide with a 96 ci right now. Should be done by the weekend. They are doing the SE intake, bassani road rage 2-1 exhaust, throttle pack, 577 redshift cams, PCV with customer tune, ect. Heard them talking about your Dyna and about the great numbers they got out of that 96 ci. Hoping mine is close to that.

Question: did you run the pro-pipe with no baffle for perforance reasons or just cause you wanted the sound? The bassani i'm putting in has a really short performance baffle in it and I was contemplating taking it out before they tune it. Thoughts?

Old 07-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Rmuller
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JBarber
Rmuller, I have sangers doing a bunch of work to my 2011 streetglide with a 96 ci right now. Should be done by the weekend. They are doing the SE intake, bassani road rage 2-1 exhaust, throttle pack, 577 redshift cams, PCV with customer tune, ect. Heard them talking about your Dyna and about the great numbers they got out of that 96 ci. Hoping mine is close to that.

Question: did you run the pro-pipe with no baffle for perforance reasons or just cause you wanted the sound? The bassani i'm putting in has a really short performance baffle in it and I was contemplating taking it out before they tune it. Thoughts?
Not to sure about that pipe,
I would though. The 577 cam likes higher revs and open 2 into 1 exhaust.
I'll be at Sangers tonight @ six. Stop buy and you can hear my bike. It isn't that loud.
My bike rips. Takes a bit to learn how to ride the power right. But man you are gonna love it!!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

stock 96 + cams = 97horse?
Are you serious? What else did you do?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Rmuller
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JBarber

I think you should 103 it!! Bore cylinders and flat top pistons. That bike is heavier than mine.

Im gonna do a 103 kit this fall. I wish I did it first. All at once is just more cost effective.

Sanger can tune. He is awesome!

Old 07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
JBarber
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Rmuller
I think you should 103 it!! Bore cylinders and flat top pistons. That bike is heavier than mine.

Im gonna do a 103 kit this fall. I wish I did it first. All at once is just more cost effective.

Sanger can tune. He is awesome!

Yea, he is a hell of tuner. I've been using them for 4-5 years now. I have had several bikes before this one. I had a road king with a 103 in it, S&S gear drive 570 cams, race tuner, PCIII, thinner head gaskets for up on compression, sangers tune, it did 101 HP and 107 ft lbs. Which was pretty good considering they were cookie cutter SE heads with no additional work. I had a screaming eagle electraglide before that with a 103, had most of the same stuff done to it and it made pretty much the same power as the RK. All and all i found out that you'll spend 3-4 grand for 30+ hp gains with cams, pipes, intake, tuner, custom tune, ect., then you have to go to engine work....then you pay a whole hell of a lot more money for only marginal gains. I spent a lot of money chaising that 100HP mark on my previous bikes and I'm just not sure that it was completely worth it on a bagger that is mostly used for long distance runs. If I can get above 90HP on this one then I will leave it be until I need a top end then I'll upgrade to something like the 116" upgrades that sanger has been doing. They produce stupid power.

Last edited by JBarber; 07-26-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Cams Dyno tune fxdb Done!