Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What twould you suggest?
Dont use it
44.58%
Leave it the way it is
9.64%
Paint it sedona orange
45.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Wide Glide with a batwing fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2011 Wide Glide with a batwing fairing ALL PAINTED UP

So i bought a memphis shades batwing. I bought it for long trips. I had custom brackets made and it is mounted with 4 hd quick release clamps. It goes on and off in seconds. I have only riden with it a few times and am still up in the air about it. Right now it is unfinished and is just black the way it comes. I am throwing around the idea of painting it the sedona orange. I think it will blend in a little more. I have seen one from a forum member that is painted the body color and does look much better (epxy). So my question is what do you guys think should do, toss it, leave it alone, or paint it the sedona orange. Got a quote from my painter today and he gets 225 to paint it. My problem with painting it is if i decide to sell it, my resale goes down since it will be orange as uposed to it being black. But my painter did say if i wanted to sell it down the road and someone wanted it black that he can do it for like 50 bucks.

I really wasent going to do this but i figured I would. Let me know what you think. I do value your opinion. Even though i have seen some bashing. Thats not what this is about.

Also i do want to lower the windshield. Right now its a 9" and i want to get it down to either 7 or 5". I know it will look better with a smaller shield but dont want to defeat the purpose of it.

Last edited by pontiac69; 06-11-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Silver Ghost
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paint her up! I plan on a bat wing down the road, I just put a hitch on, batwing is next project.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:42 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With your black flames, fender bib and seat...I'd leave it black. I think it looks cool. Maybe paint the bottom of it orange below the crease for a contrast. or even reverse of your tank but use orange flames with black base on the fairing. But that might not look right either....all in the eye of the beholder

I'd leave it black and use it. Your bike looks sweet with or without it, you can't lose man. It's a wideglide!

Old 03-27-2012, 04:21 PM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I voted to paint it because:

1. Been thinking of one myself.
2. We already know what black looks like....

Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 PM
HDexplorer
Advanced

I have been waiting for Memphis Shades to release their Fat Bob batwing into production. I think for long trips it would be great. Long trips, to me, means the poseing is left at home but painting to match the bike would kick butt.
BTW how is it on the highway? Still lots of turbulance? Better than the HD windshield or did you have one before?

Old 03-27-2012, 06:05 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HDexplorer
I have been waiting for Memphis Shades to release their Fat Bob batwing into production. I think for long trips it would be great. Long trips, to me, means the poseing is left at home but painting to match the bike would kick butt.
BTW how is it on the highway? Still lots of turbulance? Better than the HD windshield or did you have one before?
i have tried 2 different winshields so far before getting this one. I havent really gotten a chance to try this one out as of yet.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:26 PM
HDexplorer
Advanced

Remember to post a followup on it's performance when you have a chance, if you don't mind. Still, it looks good to me.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:57 PM
MDStbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paint it. It ll look good
Jim

Old 03-27-2012, 07:18 PM
biketroll
Tourer

Leave it blk & paint flames in the orange

Old 03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Have left mine black for quite a while ... over 3 years ... had been contemplating painting it and the bags ... but, the contrast has grown on me ...

I think yours would look better painted ... in fact I agree with the post that suggested adding the stylized Wide Glide flames to the paint job ...

R/
'Chop

Quick Reply: 2011 Wide Glide with a batwing fairing