Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyno tune with SERTPRO done...results

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default dyno tune with SERTPRO done...results

Well, I had my bike at the dealer last Friday for the 1,000 service and dyno tune with my SERTPRO..

Bike is basic stage 1 with SE breather and V&H slip-ons (no cats).
Bought SERTPRO tuner when bike was new & it spent 7 hours on the dyno Friday & here are the results:

74HP
88TQ

These are obviously rear wheel numbers..

I don't have the dyno sheet on my computer, but it is a very smooth curve for both HP & TQ & it comes on very early in the rpm range and levels out for most of it. Buying the SERTPRO tuner made a huge difference over stock, but the dyno tune was just as important as the tuner/software itself.

I don't know if this is good or not for a basic stage 1 with a good tuner, but it sure does run MUCH better! No more decel popping, much crisper, way more torque & sounds much better!

My *** dyno tells me my bike is making a ton more power than it did before the dyno tune...I'm happy.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM
cecharles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!! I bet that difference you're feeling brings a smile to your face when you twist the throttle.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bet your gas milage is gonna suffer with you wanting to grab the loud handle all the time LOL
Where did you get the work done? I am in SW Indiana, so it may be close to me when I want to get mine tuned.
Enjoy your ride!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cecharles
Very nice!! I bet that difference you're feeling brings a smile to your face when you twist the throttle.
Yes...brings a huge grin to my face every time I crack the throttle

Old 04-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Puffdaddy
Bet your gas milage is gonna suffer with you wanting to grab the loud handle all the time LOL
Where did you get the work done? I am in SW Indiana, so it may be close to me when I want to get mine tuned.
Enjoy your ride!
They asked if how I wanted it tuned...for power, fuel mileage or somewhere in the middle....I had it tuned for performance and got as much out of it as they could so I'm sure my fuel mileage will suffer, but that's ok, lol

I bought my bike & had it tuned at Legacy HD in Effingham, IL. Dustin was the guy who tuned my bike...highly recommend this dealership & their shop. Good guys there in sales and in the shop.
Where abouts you from?...I grew up in SW Indiana (Sullivan county to be exact), but moved across the river now in SE Illinois.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you had it done. You never know what your missing until you ride a well tuned bike.

There must be a big difference in performance with the 2-1 pipe vs the slip ons as My tuner got more hp and torque outta my tune.

Besides the big power increase, doesn't it feel so much better when your just cruising?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rooti
Glad you had it done. You never know what your missing until you ride a well tuned bike.

There must be a big difference in performance with the 2-1 pipe vs the slip ons as My tuner got more hp and torque outta my tune.

Besides the big power increase, doesn't it feel so much better when your just cruising?
Yeah, it really feels like a different bike. Seems like twisting the throttle at highway speeds unleashes loads of torque...way more than stock.
I'm totally convinced....a proper tune is probably the most important thing you could do for your bike...now it runs as it was meant to run. AFRs, timing, etc. are set the way an HD was meant to run before all the EPA bs.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Puffdaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a bit south of you in Evansville (very tip of IN). about 2 1/2 hours away from Legacy :-(
I may have to do this before my suspension.....

Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

With that set up the only thing is you want to make sure all your engine mods are done. Otherwise you have to have ot retuned. So if you think you might get a full exhaust instead of the slip ons you want to do it before. I think with my with the addition to my propipe and the tune I'm getting more hp and torque then some that have had cams put in...just a thought

Old 04-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Puffdaddy
I'm a bit south of you in Evansville (very tip of IN). about 2 1/2 hours away from Legacy :-(
I may have to do this before my suspension.....
I would highly recommend a dyno tune with SERTPRO. Be careful...SESPT and SERTPRO are not the same tuner/software. SESPT is a street tuner(EPA friendly), SERTPRO is race application(NOT EPA friendly). Get the SERTPRO and regardless of what anyone tells you...it can be used on as many bikes as you choose, so if you trade you keep your tuner. SESPT is married to one bike and is much more limited on what you can do compared to SERTPRO.

I come to Evansville sometimes...only a little over an hour from me. Bought the wife's car there too.

Legacy is worth the trip IMO. Heard good things about Dale's in Mt. Vernon & HD of Bloomington IN. Don't know anything about Bud's though, which is probably your dealer. I don't care for Wabash Valley HD in Terre Haute....just my $.02