Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why doesn't anybody answer the phone at Ricor?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why doesn't anybody answer the phone at Ricor?

I am in the market for shocks and really have it narrowed down to some ricors. I'm not going to just order what I think I want until I talk to Brian. So far I've called 5 times and nobody ever answers the phone. Makes me wonder if I should rethink my decision.

Who is running Ricor shocks on their dyna? Tell me what you chose and what you think about them.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
LUCKY DAVE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They answered the phone for me, and were very helpful.
I felt the low speed compression damping rate was too stiff for my taste in the Intiminators I bought from them, and asked if there was an alternate shim stack already thought out, or if I would have to experiment myself.
The reply was "Yes, we have an alternate shim stack and will be happy to send them to you at no charge, what's your address? We want you to be happy with our product"
I recommend them as a company.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:50 PM
nexeradg
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've ordered intiminators, vibranators and have called multiple times with an answer every time. I was about to pull the trigger on a brand new set of shocks, but ended finding some used for a steal. I really can't compare with any other brands, but they are leagues better than stock. Be patient and keep tryin. You'll be able to get through eventually.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Try emailing them. The were responsive me and the shocks are great.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:06 AM
DutchBob
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never called them, but Brian always answered my emails.
Got the Intiminators, Vibranators and the shocks and they're all great.

Went with the 12.5" sport tuned shocks, a huge improvement over stock.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:28 AM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy with the improvement. Spoke to Brian a couple times on the phone. He rides a Dyna, I believe. Probably hit voicemail a couple times as well, but I might have called during lunch hour. I have not called for support since purchasing, but I had the impression Ricor has a good reputation for support.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:52 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

That's the biggest complaint they get. .and one I've dealt with. You call and call. I think if you leave a voicemail or send an e-mail to them they'll get back to you, but it can be days depending on how busy they are.

I returned a set of 13" shocks sport tune because the one spring was hung up on something so I couldn't use the preload adjuster and I wanted to soften them up, they felt too stiff over bumps regardless of sag adjustment.

UPS gave me delivery confirmation on Friday the 6th, I e-mailed Monday the 9th. .asking if they got them, didn't hear anything until Wednesday the 11th that they did and to expect a call on Friday the 13th, a week after they got them. .waited until 5 or 6pm Friday, still nothing. .called and got through and spoke to Brian briefly. I think he forgot about me, but he went and found them and said someone fixed the spring issue. I asked if he could soften them up for me, he said he would, and that I'd like them back this week. He said they'd go out Monday the 16th, haven't heard anything from them? I had to pay shipping to return them for the faulty spring to collar issue.

It's been frustrating. I'm really hoping they work out for me the 2nd time around.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:12 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm really bummed as I was all set to buy some shocks but I'm leary about dealing with a company that does not answer their phone and takes 3 or 4 days to answer a e-mail. If I'm having these kinda problems before buying, in my experience, it gets even worse if you have already bought and have a problem.

If they are really that busy, they need to hire some people.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

I had to pay shipping to return them for the faulty spring to collar issue
You had to pay shipping on a defective shock? Wow that doesn't sound like very good customer service

Old 07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member

Well Brian picked up the phone today. Seemed like a really nice guy and answered all my questions so I did end up ordering the 12.5" shocks in the sport tune. I did mention that I had called 6 or 7 times before I got some one to answer and he kinda laughed. Sounds like business is good, but he is trying to keep his prices down so doesn't sound like he's going to be hiring anybody anytimes soon. He does offer a 30 day money back guarantee, so we will see how it all works out.

I am excited to get rid of those stock shocks

Quick Reply: Why doesn't anybody answer the phone at Ricor?