Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question-'89 FXRP Defender Police bike?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Bug_Guy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question-'89 FXRP Defender Police bike?

Hell, maybe someday I'll be as perfect as you and not make a mistake when trying to help somebody out....what'd you think - that I was just trying to fu*k with you??

ORIGINAL: Asuperglide

ORIGINAL: Beeracuda

ORIGINAL: Bug_Guy

Frame is pretty much the same as the FXDWG (Wide Glide)....
The frame is definetely not the same as a Dyna. I don't have and FXRP, but a FXRS. It has the narrow glide front end. If I can find mybook on the FXR's, I see what all the differences are...
Thanks for the input Beeracuda. (Yea I know the FXR frame is not the same as the FXDWG. You have to filter the facts from fiction with some of this stuff) Any thing you can contribute (facts) would be appreciated.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my E84 FXRP. Bought it in Hawaii. The Honolulu PD didn't like it and decided to wait for the 85's. I picked it up with 25 miles on it and it had over 90K on it when I sold it. Never let me down and ran like crazy.
Best bike I've ever owned.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Asuperglide
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll settle for your previous reply and leave it at that. No I don't think you were trying to F with me. I really did'nt think my comment was that piercing but if you were offended sorry. I'm tryng to find out very specfic details on the 88-89 FXRP EVO, if you have something I'm all ears.

Hell, maybe someday I'll be as perfect as you and not make a mistake when trying to help somebody out....what'd you think - that I was just trying to fu*k with you??

ORIGINAL: Asuperglide

ORIGINAL: Beeracuda

Frame is pretty much the same as the FXDWG (Wide Glide)....
The frame is definetely not the same as a Dyna. I don't have and FXRP, but a FXRS. It has the narrow glide front end. If I can find mybook on the FXR's, I see what all the differences are...
Thanks for the input Beeracuda. (Yea I know the FXR frame is not the same as the FXDWG. You have to filter the facts from fiction with some of this stuff) Any thing you can contribute (facts) would be appreciated.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
nilro
Road Captain

Just picked up an 86 FXRP that has had some custom work done. It's my first Harley. The guy that had it loved the "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" movie. My bike looks very similar. Everytime I have pulled it up next to the newer Harleys, all the other bikers can't stop asking questions. I thought I would ride it for a year and then get a brand new bike, but now I am considering keeping it forever!

Old 11-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Freewilly
Intermediate

LRon is that your hunting rig?