Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic of "crooked" handlebars

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 01:54 PM
jpwelch850
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic of "crooked" handlebars

I posted before on this. When driving straight down the road my right hand is closer to me than the right. It just seem canted to the right. It drives fine, no wobble. I had the dealer put on street slammers, thinking the integrated risers may help. Still the same. I am thinking that if they loosed the 4 pinch bolts and rotating it slightly to the left it would solve the issue. The pic show the bike going straight. The other pic is just a coll shot of the rear of my bike.

Attached Thumbnails Pic of "crooked" handlebars-back-of-bike.jpg   Pic of "crooked" handlebars-handlebars.jpg  
Old 08-08-2012, 02:08 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe one of your arms is shorter than the other? Jk

take some measurements maybe the bar is longer from the top of riser area to the hand control on each side. Could just be a defective bar...

Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like something is bent. Triple tree, forks or fork tube(s)? I'm not even gonna mention the frame.......

Just a WAG. The bars look like they're parallel to the top of the tree okay but it also looks like there's some pointing to the right.

dunno.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

The bars are parallel to the triple tree, but your triple tree does not look aligned.
I would loosen the pinch bolts and front axle and re-align the front end.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the triple tree maybe being off is an optical illusion of the picture, my bars always feel that when I am riding but then you have several things going on. The right side has more clutter i.e. brake reservoir. The bushings no matter how tight they are can allow you to pull the bars to the right even a little bit. If it rides fine, could just be the way it was set originally and is just canted a bit off. If it doesn't affect handling you may be pulling your hair over nothing.

Last edited by xantasm; 08-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:24 PM
jpwelch850
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xantasm
I think the triple tree maybe being off is an optical illusion of the picture, my bars always feel that when I am riding but then you have several things going on. The right side has more clutter i.e. brake reservoir. The bushings no matter how tight they are can allow you to pull the bars to the right even a little bit. If it rides fine, could just be the way it was set originally and is just canted a bit off. If it doesn't affect handling you may be pulling your hair over nothing.
It does drive fine but it drives me crazy. Even the tech said that they have a lot of problems with this issue although they can't apparently fix it. Brining to another dealer to get another perspective on it.